New Forum Rules

Moho news - the latest releases and other announcements

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath

Lost Marble
Site Admin

New Forum Rules

Post by Lost Marble »

Lately there's been too much bickering on the forum and it's starting to chase some people away that are actually here to provide and receive help with actually using the software. Up until this point, it has been my preference to leave the forum kind of free-flowing and let people say whatever they want. In the past, disagreements have come up but then things always settled back down again.

Recently, though, some topics have just gotten continually derailed into personal attacks and criticisms that serve no useful purpose. The forum is here to let users of Anime Studio share their ideas, techniques, and their finished (or in progress) work. To let the forum continue in that role, I'm going to have to become a more active moderator.

I don't want to set up strict rules, just general guidelines. Let's start with these:
  • No personal attacks. If you don't like what someone says, there's no reason to question their motives.
  • No attacking Smith Micro. Believe it or not, we're not a huge, faceless corporation. There aren't that many people here in the office, and we actually care about the products we produce. If you don't like a choice we've made, let's try to discuss it in a constructive way.
  • Criticism without helpful suggestions is not worth much. Basically, if all you have to say is, "I hate feature X," it doesn't belong on this forum. On the other hand, statements like this are still welcome: "Feature X doesn't work very well. If it could work like Y instead, it would actually be useful."
  • Bug reports are still welcome. No software product is bug-free, and the best way to improve Anime Studio is with the help of our users. Of course, bugs aren't usually fixed in a day, so we all have to be open to workarounds.
  • Try not to repeat topics over and over again.
OK, let's leave the negatives behind us and move on with Anime Studio. There's a lot of good new stuff in there that we haven't had a chance to explore yet on the forum. Back to work!

-Mike