Anime Studio 9 - Available Now!

Moho news - the latest releases and other announcements

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath

Fahim

Anime Studio 9 - Available Now!

Post by Fahim »

Anime Studio 9 - Everything you need to make amazing, professional animations.

Whether you're an experienced artist animator or just getting started with a new hobby and want to come up to speed super fast, Anime Studio 9 is an investment that you won't regret.

Learn all about the new version here: http://anime.smithmicro.com/

HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:

MORE CONTROL & SAVES TIME!
Editable Motion Graphs

The single most requested feature that our users have been asking for is finally here! In Motion Graphs, the animation channels of the current layer are displayed graphically, rather than just as points along a line. With Editable Motion Graphs, now users can get maximum, detailed, control of their animation, instead of relying on pre-set interpolations. You can now edit motion curves with Bezier handles directly instead of relying on tweening, ease-in and ease-out. [Pro Only Feature]

BETTER QUALITY & CONTROL!
Revolutionary Smart Bones

New in Anime Studio Pro 9, Smart Bones is an incredible feature that reduces or entirely removes distortion around your character's joints - specifically around knees and elbows. Group a set of points and use the Smart Bones control levers to create 3D looking motion that you can easily repeat with the turn of a dial. For example with Smart Bones you can control facial expressions and head-turning on a character with simple lever movements instead of having to touch each bone point. Smart Bones not only steps up the quality and realism of the bone actions, but makes it MUCH easier to repeat complex movements and control your rigged elements. [Pro Only Feature]

MORE FLEXIBILITY ON EXPORT!
Layer Comps

Export multiple layers individually with one click. Layer comps are useful if you want to export only selected items in your scene so that you can composite them externally in third party software. For example, you can create a layer comp that relates to background elements, another that relates to characters, and another that relates to foreground elements or titles. Turn groups on and off until you get elements that logically belong together. Then create a new layer comp from that group. At render time, you can then choose to render specific layer comps as a movie file. [Pro Only Feature]

MORE CONTROL!
Improved Onion Skins

Onion skins within Anime Studio Pro 9 have been completely redesigned and now include transparencies to help you tweak your animation exactly how you want to. [Pro Only Feature]

MORE POWER!
Scripting Enhancements

More scripting access and control. Updates include keyup and keydown detection, non-modal and floating windows, more GUI widgets such as sliders, scroll-bars, side-on dials, radial dials, etc.[Pro Only Feature]

FASTER THAN EVER!
64-Bit Architecture & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Acceleration

Anime Studio 9 Pro is now a 64 bit application! Improvements in speed and memory will be noticed by all those who use 64 bit machines. Improve rendering speeds and preview performance. As well, get maximum usage of your graphics card with Anime Studio Pro. The setting to enable or disable this option is located in the Preferences dialog. [Pro Only Features]

MORE SPEED & ORGANIZATION!
Enhanced Keyframe Editing

Key Frames are a core element in creating animations and the enhancements in Anime Studio 9 provide a level of speed and organization to your workflow that will impress even the most proficient animator. You can now double click on the timeline to add key frames. One or several key frames can now be moved past each other. Scale your key frames vertically on the motion graph and apply relative key frame changes. Assign colors to keyframes in the timeline, to help keep track of animation sequences that relate to each other. You can also hold the duration of a particular key frame as long as you want now.

EVEN EASIER TO USE!
Enhanced Timeline with Colored Layers

Even easier to use than before, with a more intuitive user interface, faster access to critical and often-used tasks and tools, and new color-coding options that keep your project organized. Assign colors to layers in the layers palette, helping you keep track of layers that relate to each other in some way. You can also Undo/Redo layers now too.

INCLUDES MANY MORE FEATURES!!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 11am PDT
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/188313935

Learn all about the new version here: http://anime.smithmicro.com/
finalcutguru

Re: Anime Studio 9 - Available Now!

Post by finalcutguru »

I attended the webinar today and it was really great and informative! I started with Debut, then moved up to Anime Studio Pro 8 and now I am getting ready to upgrade to Anime Studio Pro 9. :D Looking forward to using the new version and using the new features!
Thanks,
Brooks
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Jasp! I didn't know this kind of posts was replyable... Good new features compilation, but IMHO the postscript "MANY MORE FEATURES!!!" never was SO true, so here are some other new features I'm in love and that I think well deserve a mention here:

IMPROVED VECTOR NOISE!
New "Interval" setting to control animated noise speed! This is very cool and a long time awaited feature, plus... now vector noise is applied in a way that Camera or Layer movements don't affect it at all and this is simply wonderful! Well, If you have been trying to use Vector Noise previously you'll know what I'm talking about :)

EMPOWERED BLEND MORPHS WINDOW!
OK, Smart Bones is getting all the attention (and for many good reasons of course! :D) but Blend Morphs are now more powerful than ever and it's good to remark it. Now you can set negative values and values beyond 100% and I assume all this is accessible via scripting, which I think opens a lot of exciting possibilities. Plus, the window maintains opened in convenience.

REORDERING ACTIONS IN WINDOW!
Well, another long time wanted! So finally it's possible to organize Actions/Morphs in Actions window by simple drag & drop, which represents a big improvement respect the previous situation, where there was no other chance for organization than the order of creation... yuck, the past!

EVERYTHING UNDOABLE!
I think this has been still talked about somewhere, but it's a "little" big change in the way to interact with the software with no extra worries about what can be undone and what not, you can work carelessly and quicker.

NEW KIND OF GRIDS!
OK, this can seems a little thing but I specially love the new isometric one, which offers very valuable help on some kind of perspective constructions.

NEW DIRECTION!
Well, not exactly a feature but almost! I mean, I'm nobody to say, but seems clear that AS in now in the right direction and this ensure a promising and exciting present and future, with real differentiation between Debut & Pro and with all that implies in terms of sense. So now I can see both products helping themselves to find its own place, which should mean no fear to make ASPro really PRO (as we are seeing :mrgreen:), as long as ASDebut will always be there for people looking only for fun or simplicity and extra-automatism or whatever? Well, you'll say this sounds obvious... but it has not been until this facts (not only words) that it seems a real-reality to me and I just needed to emphasize it.

And well, I'm sure some things still failed to get a mention but this was some of my favorite "not too much mentioned" new features and improvements. Of course the well knew ones, Smart Bones, Bezier curves and new interpolation options, Onionskins, etc... are simply so amazing that inevitably push some of these to a secondary plane, but well, they're there and I think it's good to know it too :)

Greetings & Thanks! :D
Ramón López.
tumulousnewt

Post by tumulousnewt »

HERES AN IDEA HOW ABOUT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED A FULL LICENSE (PRO VERSION) GET A BETTER DISCOUNT THAN A 50 DOLLAR REDUCTION WHICH YOU GET IF UPGRADING FROM THE DEBUT VERSION - SICK OF COMPANIES UPGRADING PRGRAMS CONSTANTLY WITH HEAVY PRICE TAGS I HAVE ALREADY PAID, YES YOU HAVE MADE UPDATES I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR UPDATES BUT NOT THE AMOUNT YOU ARE CHARING NEW CUSTOMERS
aaron

Post by aaron »

Looks great to me...will give reviews only after using it :)