Animated Performance. Book recommendation

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Animated Performance. Book recommendation

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, some time ago I read a review of Nancy Beiman's Animated Performance on Cartoon Brew. It looked very interesting, so (after reading some more reviews) I decided to buy it at Amazon.
A couple weeks ago it finally arrived to Chile. I can't make another review about it, but I can tell you it's fantastic and I sincerely recommend it for people who knows the basics, but wants to improve their animations.
It doesn't replace Richard Williams and Eric Goldberg books (I really recommend that two too), but complements them. The book is beautifully designed and the reading is easy to follow (that's important for whom, like me, don't domain the english language so well).
Nancy Beiman really takes in count non frame by frame ways to animate (like AS) and is more concentrated on giving life and their own personality to the characters.

Cartoon Brew review:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/books/saturd ... eview.html

Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks, Segin. That's going on my Christmas shopping list!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Axlen

Post by Axlen »

Click, click.... purchased!

Thank you sir. Another fine reference added to my collection.

I'm currently working on my first animation project despite a great lack of any artistic training or knowledge. Reference materials like these are a great help.
Bifocals are both wonderful and a PITA.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Thanks Selgin, another useful book to read, but who knows when I will...my shelf is full already...aargh! :roll:
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

Uolter wrote:Thanks Selgin, another useful book to read, but who knows when I will...my shelf is full already...aargh! :roll:
For many people, when we buy a book, we assume we are also buying the time to read it...
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!