Massive Flooding in Australia

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Massive Flooding in Australia

Post by neeters_guy »

The Eastern half of Australia has been pummeled by storms and flooding since Sept. Hoping our Aussie friends are all right...
DK

Post by DK »

We're ok here on the mid north coast. Year before last we had bad floods though. Talk about extremes...one minute we're in drought next we're drowning!!!

Cheers
D.K
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

I know I am bumping a weeks old post, but don't shoot.

Apparently all the flooding across Australia at the time was enough to cover all of Germany and Europe combined! Crikey. I'm on the Gold Coast so not too close to where the problems were.

I had friends in Brisbane, they were lucky to be on higher ground in a place called Paddigton, the suburb was relatively unaffected back in the 70s when Brisbane was hit by a massive flood than too.

Thanks for thinking of us Aussies Neeters - where do you hail from?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

You're welcome, friend. I spend a lot time on this forum so I feel I know many of the members personally. I'm from sunny California, so we are familiar with earthquakes (although the last big one was over 20 years ago).
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Cheers Neeters, Cali-forn-i-a eh. I remember had this book when I was a kid and it had pictures of earthquake devastated cities in America - it just didn't seem possible, the scenes of destruction. Mother Nature is powerful lady.