Storyboarding intro

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I have to say, that I enjoy the stop motion animation better!
"and then Man created god!"
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I'm biased so you won't be surprised to hear I prefer the stop-motion too. We loved our work and it showed I think. I love CG as much as anyone else but what is odd about the CG 'Bob' is that they've done their utmost to make it look exactly like the stop-motion but no attempt to capture Bob's walk. He had a specific walk and now he just has any old generic walk. And, yes, there's just something missing. Everyone I know says the same. people have definitely noticed. Phew! Got that off my chest :D
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I too am a big stop motion fan!

Huge fan of Wallace and Gromit.

I just cant wait for the next Aardman animation to come out, the Pirate!

But, with the advent of better 3D renderer and techniques getting better and better, the gap is closing.

But I doubt 3D will ever look as rich as stop motion does!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

AmigaMan, are you the animator for "Bob the Builder"? I've seen toys and books which means it was a pretty big deal with kids.
Cheers, Larry
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

3deeguy wrote:AmigaMan, are you the animator for "Bob the Builder"? I've seen toys and books which means it was a pretty big deal with kids.
AmigaMan used to work on Bob the builder as a body double.. They were pioneers in a form of stop motion where AmigaMan would dress up as Bob and Act the part. They would drop every other frame and film it with a tilt-shift to make it appear smaller.. pretty clever.. must have been time consuming tho.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

3deeguy - I used to be one of the animators on that show but not now unfortunately.

SvenFoster - I could well have been a body double at the start, and the animators used to joke that I was Bob but I'd 'transformed' by the end of the show (for us) 10 years later.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

respect.
--Sven
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I saw a new phrase, 'tilt-shift', that demonstrates how little I know. I actually like not knowing how large the subject of animation is. It makes me feel like a scholar.
For some reason I'm not getting alerts for this thread. I'll keep following it manually.
Cheers, Larry
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

@ AmigaMan

Compliments for the excellent work on Bob. It`s among my top favorites. I haven`t done much stop-motion, but do have a clear idea what it takes. It must be that enjoyment of yours and the rest of the crew which attracted me. Exquisite piece of work!

p.s.
Sven, sorry for the OT.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks for the compliments Maestral. It was certainly great fun to do. I miss just being able to pin or glue props in the character's hand instead of messing with constraints etc :D
How did we get so far off storyboarding? :?
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Meh my thread and I think we all know my capacity to stay on message..... Much more interesting anyway.. Don't worry
--Sven