where found free music for commercial use?

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cocoOS

where found free music for commercial use?

Post by cocoOS »

Hi guys..anyone know where can I found free music for commercial purpose?
I've had problems trying found good music for a video contest...

also if you've a free song than you can share..I need happy music, do u know a free happy song very catchy please let me know :) :) :)
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

I always ask my friends around me. There are so many people making music around one. It's also more fun to have music from someone you know. And they will feel honoured.

Then again, if you use it commercially, it would only be fair to pay them. But a video contest is not commercially, I would say.

If you don't know anyone, check out Soundcloud. There are many out there that would like to be part of an animation. I get even asked once in a while by musicians. They are looking for free animations....
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Came across this one, I think you are going to like it:

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/index.html
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

incompetech is a great site, creative commons... search for KevinMacLeod, he is amazing!
His tracks require crediting him and are royalty free. Many You-Tube videos use his stuff.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

There's also still a lot of free music at Jamendo including for commercial purposes. Unfortunately Jamendo itself seems to have gone more commercial and appears to be trying harder to sell it's own (admittedly reasonably priced) licenses, even for the music on it's site which still doesn't require a licence for commercial use. Check the Creative Commons terms.
trung277

Post by trung277 »

There's a few links on the Creative Commons website: http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos/ but I can't recommend any of them specifically - I use production music libriaries and commerical music in my work.
rondillar

Re: where found free music for commercial use?

Post by rondillar »

Check out the APM music website, it is really good for that sort of thing.
donnawhite

Re: where found free music for commercial use?

Post by donnawhite »

rondillar wrote:Check out the APM music website, it is really good for that sort of thing.
Is this website is a legal source for music and safe for browsing?