Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoraster54

Post by zoraster54 »

I'm brand new to animation. I remember being shown on tv shows like disney how the flip chart demonstrates animation.

Now that I'm retired I have time to do things I wanted to but didn't have any time. I've done some sketching and painting and along the way I learned a little about adobe illustrator.

I've started learning anime studio but I'm really frustrated with the drawing tools. I guess like a lots of things it is just practice.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Hi Zoraster54 and welcome to animation, Anime Studio and this forum :D

I hear quite a lot that people are frustrated with Anime Studio's drawing tools. It seems to me that people are expecting it to work like other painting/drawing packages. Anime Studio though has tools specifically designed to enable you to create vector drawings for animation.

It's often better to create your character designs in another drawing package or on paper and then bring those in as an image into AS. Then use AS's vector drawing tools to trace around your character design. Personally I've never had a problem with the drawing tools.

As for learning Anime Studio you will learn fastest by following all the tutorials that come with the software.

Good luck.

Dale
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Welcome to the forum Zoraster54.

I've been drawing since I was a kid but I didn't get into computer art until about a year or so ago. The only other programs I've used to compare AS to are Microsoft Paint and Inkskape, but I actually love the drawing tools in AS. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing by not using the other programs first.

I've been scanning and importing my drawings to trace with AS and I like the outcome so far. If you're getting a little frustrated with the tools I would just be sure to set aside some time to go through all the exercises and tutorials in the manual. And if you get stuck on something ask a question here on the forum. You are completely surrounded by some really really good teachers from all over the world.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi! the "enabler" for me was to move to a digitising tablet rather than mouse for drawing. I still need to improve my artwork - :wink: - but the technology doesn't give me any problems any more!
zoraster54

Post by zoraster54 »

I bought a wacom tablet a couple of years ago and never got comfortable with it so maybe it's time to work with it again
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I use a Wacom tablet for everything. I never use a mouse. Once you get used to a tablet a mouse just doesn't feel natural at all.