Multiplexing, Animation, Bitmap coding on MCU. How to do it

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jisoo

Multiplexing, Animation, Bitmap coding on MCU. How to do it

Post by jisoo »

I have been recently getting into programming and micro controllers. I found myself that i don't really know how to do multiplexing, animation, easily displaying pictures on LED display. I have been looking for some code examples, but most of the articles I found, where about the hardware and the software was not even mentioned, the code examples are usually poorly commented and on a platform i don't know (I'm using TI MSP430 MCUs) and the operating theory of the software is never explained.

I'm assuming this is because a lot of MCU beginner come from a software background, and they need more explanation on the hardware.

My question is: How to implement Multiplexing, animation,bitmaps nicely. How should it be done? What is the theory of the software for these applications?

Any comments, link to articles, book, etc... are very much appreciated.

Also I have to stress that I have done it, and it's working, but i think my codes for it looks horrible, it would be impossible to manage in a larger program and there should be a better way to do it. But anyway here are two videos of multiplexing projects:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/undeadtreat/videos[/youtube]
jahnocli

Re: Multiplexing, Animation, Bitmap coding on MCU. How to do

Post by jahnocli »

This is just a guess, but I think you're in the wrong place...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?