Legal copy

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

patricia3d

Legal copy

Post by patricia3d »

I have purchased Moho12 long back, I just want to know that end user how may system this can be installed
if on only one system then 2nd one how much payment has to be given?
see my lots of anime studio animations here
https://vimeo.com/user711059
synthsin75

Re: Legal copy

Post by synthsin75 »

3 computers, but only use one at a time.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I have 3 laptop and you know rendering time, when one is rendering i want to use another computer to work with moho
What to do?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That's fine. The Moho exporter is now a separate application. So you can use Moho on one and the exporter on another.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Thanks for the reply
So you can use Moho on one and the exporter on another.
can you simplify this ?
I didn't understand. I don't have networking in my home because of security reason, all laptops are separate and
i take backup regularly on external drive.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Have Moho on all three computers.

Use gather media to save the working file if necessary. (you have assets all over the place)

Move with ex drive.

Open Moho and then open Moho exporter. 'Ctrl b'

Close Moho, exporter will remain open. Drag content you want render. Go back to another computer and continue with work.

Because you have three computers, you could render with two and work with Moho on the third. I would use the most robust computer for Moho and the others as renders.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You can have Moho Exporter running in the background on the computer you're animating with. I do that all the time. It only becomes an issue with very heavy scenes.

At work, we have a custom render controller that distributes the render tasks to many CPUs over a network. I'd like to see a native render controller that does that. But even with the custom controller, I still sometimes use Moho Exporter at my workplace, especially when the task isn't too demanding and I'm in a hurry to see results.

Regarding licensing and activation, this is why it's important to deactivate Moho before removing it or moving it to another system. If you don't, you potentially lose one of your three activations. However, if this happens, all is not lost: you can get the lost activations back by going into your user account and releasing the current activations on the server. It's not as easy as Adobe's license release system but it works.

(Hmm...I think this should be a feature request; users should be able to deactivate all active licenses from within Moho, just as Adobe Creative Cloud users can. This would be super convenient if you need to get up and running on a new computer and Moho won't activate there.)