Upcoming Anime Studio versions

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Just to clarify, is this update going to be the long awaited Anime Studio Pro 6 or just a patch for Anime Studio Pro 5?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I'm pretty sure this is just a 5.5 update. There were some issues with the first release of Anime Studio that I believer are being fixed in this update.

-vern
jurjen

Post by jurjen »

I hope very much that they improved the 2d stuff and not waisted there time on that nonsens 3d road.
I surfed a bit around on this forum and it seems that a lot of humans are trying to make it a 3d program. stop it! there are enough programms outthere that can do that and much better. the world needs better 2d animation software. anime studio (for me it still is Moho) is for me the best there is.
but there is still a lot that can be improved on the 2d site (color selecter, drawing,shapes, shapes that can be animated in hight on the same level, and lots more)
sorry but I get a bit frustrated about this. I love this programm but there are some stuff that should be improved and I see on this forum nonsen about 3d bones whatever stuctures. what is absolute crap!
:)anyway

bye bye, jurjen

:D will I be taken serious if I say I am a professional animator/designer.
no...
:wink:
Genete

Post by Genete »

jurjen wrote:I hope very much that they improved the 2d stuff and not waisted there time on that nonsens 3d road.
I surfed a bit around on this forum and it seems that a lot of humans are trying to make it a 3d program. stop it! there are enough programms outthere that can do that and much better. the world needs better 2d animation software. anime studio (for me it still is Moho) is for me the best there is.
but there is still a lot that can be improved on the 2d site (color selecter, drawing,shapes, shapes that can be animated in hight on the same level, and lots more)
sorry but I get a bit frustrated about this. I love this programm but there are some stuff that should be improved and I see on this forum nonsen about 3d bones whatever stuctures. what is absolute crap!
:)anyway

bye bye, jurjen

:D will I be taken serious if I say I am a professional animator/designer.
no...
:wink:
As well as I fell affected by your frustrated post, I'll answer.

The 3D researching that "humans" are developing here in this forum don't enter IMHO in conflict with all the 2D improvements that Moho/AS urgently needs.
Me and others offer our researches freely to the entire world, don't ask for anything more beyond that recognition of our work.
You can use our researches or not. It is your choice. But if you have a bigger tool set you can choose the best one to do what you want to do. Have a powerful tool set is a good new for Anime Studio. You are not obligated to use the new tools and or techniques.

If you have made a soft surf around the forum and lately have found several threads trying to make easier the illusion of the 3D world is due that now there are some of us very concentrated on this stuff. Search deeper and you'll find th same interests about 3D (specially head turn) since the beginning of the forum. But man!, we live in a 3D world!. Your self have mentioned "shapes that can be animated in hight on the same level"... What is for if it is not for a simulation of 3D?

Look into the Script area. You will see a lot of very good improvements related only to 2D stuff. Fazek's replacement's tools, Crashcore menu scripts, and so on.

Be sure that Anime Studio development are not made by crazy people that want to convert this amazing program into a 3D program. They for sure have a very clear idea of what the program is going to be.
Also be sure that they are working in improve all the very well known 2D stuff that need improvement. Make a deep search into the forum and you will find lot of feature requests and bugs to be done and all in the 2D world. This is not an official Anime Studio Development area. The official one is sure working hard to solve that 2D stuff and the amount of known bugs that still flying around.

And yes, we are the crazy people, we are the one that dedicate a lot of hours to have fun sharing our knowledges, researches and techniques with others and open new points of view beyond the traditional animation...

One day you will see your self using one of that crappy 3d bones whatever structures...
That day don't call me for help.
-G
Last edited by Genete on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Genete wrote:One day you will see your self using one of that crappy 3d bones whatever structures...
That day don't call me for help.
Ha ha -- great response!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
jurjen

Post by jurjen »

:P thanks for the reply. I understand that you "humans" are spending a lot of time love and pain in those 3d experiments. and thats cool! but I just dont understand why you doing it. what if you have great 3d rig what then? what about rendering texture lightning? or should the 3d rig just look like 2d (thats even harder to do)
what I find frustrating is to see you guys having the know how/talent and not doing the stuff that is jusefull.
this 3d stuff is taking way to much space on the frorum and thats not making searching easier. they should make a special place for that.

dont worry. I do not work with bones in moho anyway so 3d bones...

"And yes, we are the crazy people, we are the one that dedicate a lot of hours to have fun sharing our knowledges, researches and techniques with others and open new points of view beyond the traditional animation... " beyond traditional animation?

I would say do that 3d bla bla somewhere else.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I would say do that 3d bla bla somewhere else.
As one of those "blah blah Humans"... ;)

Genete and I are just two people who are very passionate about this crazy idea. It's just a bit of fun.

Everyone can benefit from our experiment as we have been sharing all the results..

... this is all just a lot of fun.

:)

If it annoys you then ignore it.

-vern
toonertime

2d or not 2d

Post by toonertime »

I was having the same thoughts, about
making a 2d program do what a 3d program does
better and probably with less contortions.

However, I understand it is fun to stretch the limits
of the program.

I believe that it is the IDEA and sentiment of an
animation that makes a cartoon great.

My favorite animator is Bruno Bozzetto, an
animation genius if there ever was one, and
he basically sticks to stick figures.

Just don't forget the goal, which isn't technique,
it is to amuse and intrigue
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Genete and I are actually opposites.

He really likes the "accurate" 3D math... I lean towards an "artistic" approximation that "looks good" but isn't absolutely mathematically accurate.

I actually agree in a small way, with jurjen, not wanting a 2D program doing 3D... but I make exceptions when it aids in the process. ;)

What is great about our collaboration is that we are both getting something from it. He is giving me incredible math knowledge that I never would have figured out that I can use bits and pieces of for my ideas.

He gets the full blown scripted "3D" to take to the ultimate extreme. I am using parts of the whole script in my own more "simple" rig idea.

His idea of "auto-rigging" based on bones is a fantastic idea. I would love to make this possible with my own rigs.

I imagine a point in the future where people draw their characters run a script and have it rigged.

I use Animation Master. They recently incorporated plugins to aid in rigging 3D characters because the process is so time consuming. That is all Genete and I are trying to do. It may take a while. ;)

I agree that technique isn't as important as results. I am trying to find a way to make reaching the goal "easier". If the final outcome of our efforts gives someone completely new to animation a helping hand I would be thrilled.

-vern
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Surely what Vern, genete and the other clever people on this forum are doing in their research is making it easier to create fully believable 2D characters. It's not 3D it's just what most 2D animators have always strived for.

Personally I am very grateful to them as it means i can probably use their techniques in the future. Jurjen, if you can't see the benefits in using a rig like theirs you don't have to.
Fenkoto

Post by Fenkoto »

Just a tip, can someone with authority maybe move the 3D vs 2D discussion to a new topic, as it really does not belong here(:
artfx

Post by artfx »

jurjen wrote::P thanks for the reply. I understand that you "humans" are spending a lot of time love and pain in those 3d experiments. and thats cool! but I just dont understand why you doing it. what if you have great 3d rig what then? what about rendering texture lightning? or should the 3d rig just look like 2d (thats even harder to do)
Actually I do that all the time. I think it is far easier than doing full on 3D animation.

But on topic, I would be very interested to see a cool update to AS Pro. Ifd they add some frame rate control so we could achieve more anime type effects, I would be all over it!
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
cribble

Post by cribble »

You know what i'd kill for right now?

An update... :lol:
--Scott
cribble.net
kevin

Post by kevin »

cribble, I'm hearing you. :!:
Postality

Post by Postality »

yeah, I'd like to know what's going on as well...

Fahim said the updates where done like a month ago (not exactly, but a long while now).

So what happened to our update?

No offense to E-Frontier, but we had more updates when Mike was doing Moho himself...

I hope they start putting more time into Anime Studio, and not just leave it abandoned like it seems like it has been...
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics