New Year's Resolutions

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kdiddy13

New Year's Resolutions

Post by kdiddy13 »

:D Happy New Year Everyone! :D

"Experts" (also known as "they") say that writing down your goals and resolutions dramtatically improves the chances that they will be realized. Since many of my resolutions are directly/indirectly related to this group, I thought I'd share them here.

1. I resolve not to post pointlessly hurtful or argumentative statements. I, from now on, will only post (mostly) on topic and helpful replies. Hopefully, we can all put behind us the flame war I had a large part in starting, feuling, continuing, etc. (I really am sorry :oops: )

2. (and this is a biggie) Try to finish a frickin' animation! It's been almost a year since I finished my last animation and I'm hoping to spend some serious quality time with Moho and completing a new short.

And the rest of the usuals: eat better, excercise more, save money, work for peace on earth, give a penny take a penny, etc.

I hope that you all have a wonderful New Year and that all your wildest, wackiest animation dreams come true. Except you, Spasmodic Cheese, I'm still a little freaked out by your Salad Fingers post. :wink:
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZER
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
robj

Post by robj »

Greets and Happy New Year to all as well!

As for the "Salad Fingers" post ... I found it very disturbing and entertaining at the same time.

Great resolutions kdiddy; as far as animation goes, I suffer from ADD as well ... as one reply to my "Share your work" post stated concerning my animation "fragments" (which is what they really are), but stories are to follow each ... once the ADD comes under control

=>

Anyways ... Happy New Year
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Don't worry about the mini-flamewar. It was so atypical that it barely made a dent in the nature of the forum at large.

As for the second resolution, yes, that's my goal too. I've been thinking about trying to get a good, full-length animation done for one of my songs, and then trying to get it into festivals and so on. And the only way I'm going to do that is to break it down into sub-goals, set deadlines for all of them, etc..

I'm also starting a blog to help keep myself motivated.

This isn't all so much a new year's resolution as just a conclusion that I've come to at a time that happens to be approximately the end/beginning of a year. So it doesn't hurt to declare it as one.
-Keith
cribble

Post by cribble »

I've started a swear box. 20p for every curse and anything that can be used in a offensive sense. But I've always wanted to quit swearing, makes you seem more intelligent.... plus people dig when you have a big vocab and not swearing every other word (*cough* pubbies).

And stick to targets..... I've really been good with sticking with something(s)....

Part from that hope you've all had a great new year... i didn't... spent mine in my cleaning cupboard at work, with a glass of cola and feeling like crap..... thats 20p.
--Scott
cribble.net
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Oh come on ... you're counting "crap"?? That's barely a half-swear!
-Keith
cribble

Post by cribble »

Well, we've written a contract. Crap I can say safely. Thank goodness for that, its my most used word..... it just a great way of summing up stuff. But I thought of some interesting replacements liie Fudge, Sheep, Bullucks, Fangle....... yeah they're all pretty lame.... but its for the best.
--Scott
cribble.net
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

What's the difference between a "real" curseword and something that deliberately sounds like one? In my opinion, fake curses are just hypocrytical, curse or don't, there's no middleground... When a religious guy exclaims "gosh darnet", yeah I'm sure the holy one will not catch that from above. Bullshoot if you ask me, but what the funk do I know?

And "crap" is just a losing throw in a game of craps, that game you can play with dice.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com