new Flash Bugs

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

spasmodic_cheese

new Flash Bugs

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

Im sure you probably hate flash and wish you never even created moho by now.

1) Random glitches where vectors point randomly away from nowhere...
- if you render out the full project of oldguy.moho there is one or two frames that have a random spike for no forseeable reason. During the wobbling part, possibly where i copied and pasted keyframes to make animation go longer.

2) When importing in Flash MX it seemed when the layer was flipped in moho it came in inverted in flash... see oldguyDancin.fla

3) Crashes Flash Player running thru animation a second time.
- letting it run in macormedias standalone flash player it crashes at the end of the second time it loops..for some reason?

moho and fla is at http://www.peoplewhoeat.com/moh5/flashstuff/
I wont upload the swfs cause they are nearly as big as those files

another note, can you think of any ways to bring down exported swf file size... moho generated swf is like 2.5meg, i realise the character is fairly complex and bones change him each frame..

an option where certain layers can be locked to not being able to morph with bones (only change position rotation etc) and only use up one symbol? instead of having it redrawn each frame... i think somehting like that was suggested on another post.

Optimaze can cut off about 40% off moho files without much loss of quality.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Something's missing from this picture. If I download your Moho file, and export it to SWF myself, I get a 1.5 MB file - less than 1/4 the size of your file. Plus, his movement is totally different, and I see no problems in the exported Flash file - it plays fine in the Flash player, and imports fine into Flash.

Did you maybe upload a .fla file created by a different Moho file?
spasmodic_cheese

wtf weird, i may of accidently uploaded a newer version

okay ive just changed dimensions nad changed abit of animation , and the spikes are now forming in a different area, above his head when he falls down
http://www.peoplewhoeat.com/moh5/flashstuff/oldguy.swf - 3.2 meg

To show what i mean import - oldguy_part2.swf in Flash (im using Flash MX) and then go thru the animation and he sorta goes inverted.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

OK, now I can see that near the end of the animation something weird happens. However, this still does not match the Moho file you uploaded before, so there's no way to figure out what's going on.

By the way, this is why Flash sucks. If you play this file in the Flash player, it doesn't have this error at the end of the animation. But the Flash authoring tool seems to do some kind of weird distortion. Macromedia produces both programs, and the SWF file format, yet their own programs can't handle the same SWF file in a consistent way. How is a third party software developer supposed to figure it out? (Sorry for the rant, but Flash really sucks.)
spasmodic_cheese

yeh flash does suck, prolly cause macromedia didnt really invent it in the beginning

Yeh the swf error that i got seems to have dissapeared with re-rendering... =S

http://www.peoplewhoeat.com/moh5/flashstuff/oldguy.moho is the updated version. that does the inverting when brought into flash.
and has those spikes at the end...

You should be very proud that you can write brilliant, efficient software unlike mega corporations such as macromedia, im always suprised at the filesize of moho compared to say something like flash/photoshop/etc.

I am also sorry that you have to put up with this flash crap, I know its not what you really want moho to do. When moho 5 is released your userbase will grow considerably with all of these excellent features and you can take a holiday =)