can i make cartoons solely with moho?or do i need other apps

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

andyboydspf

can i make cartoons solely with moho?or do i need other apps

Post by andyboydspf »

hi im very new to this, i know almost nothing. i have experience with filmmaking, and stopmotion animation. i have a g4 emac, and final cut pro 4...

anyways, my question is this: can i make cartoons with just this program?
if not, what else do i need?

i am looking for the cheapest way into this field. see if i like it. i love cartoons, always have growing up. i have many ideas for online flash cartoons. but not willing to spend 700+ on software etc etc.

i was just wondering if i would need like a cheap palmpad and virtual pen thingy, to go along with this? so the most id spend is like 220.00 or so...

id like to do cartoons like happy tree friends, and so on and so fourth.
any help is great, thanks
andy
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

This is one of those deceptively simple questions that has at least a couple of dozen answers! Let me make a start -- I'm sure there are lots of people here who will chip in if I get it wrong.

First answer: Yes - this is all the software you'll need to make cartoons.

Second answer: If you want to have a soundtrack (most people do), then you will need another program to produce it. Good news -- these are available as freeware (eg, Audacity), and Lost Marble also produces a freeware program, Papagayo, that is a great help in producing lip synch.

Third answer: While not a true 3D program, Moho can incorporate 3D elements (specifically, .obj files). You'll need another program to produce these (freeware ones, eg Wings, are also available)

HTH

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
andyboydspf

Post by andyboydspf »

jahnocli,
thats wicked cool, very exciting, thanks much
now i will def buy it
peace
JCook

Post by JCook »

You will also find Photoshop useful (or some like PaintShop Pro) to process images. I don't know how I could get along without Photoshop. Once you get used to using Moho, you might try putting in some images and trying animating them. You'll find some examples of that on the Lost Marble site in the gallery.

Jack
mudskipper

Photoshop or WHY

Post by mudskipper »

Not to overlook the Gimp for pixel bashing on a shoestring.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Also (if you dont have enough money to buy photoshop) take a look at the free version of project dogwaffle 1.2. I have photoshop and PD1.2 and i only can recommend PD1.2 as a good drawing utility.

For more info on free software that may provide good results in combination with moho take a look at the software section. There's a topic where all good utilities go in.

edit: here is the link
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

you can take a look at my site (below). I describe the software and steps I used to make an animation. (also using a Mac) Most of what you need is on your emac already.

mw