Newbie simple question about importing images

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

mashumk

Newbie simple question about importing images

Post by mashumk »

I'm new at the program so please bear with me.

From some sample works posted here, I see that Moho is apparently capable of using photos or other complex images as parts of moving characters using bones. This is what I want to achieve.

For example, can't I import a photo of a human (.ai format) and add bones to it to make it move? Vectorize it within Moho and not within Illustrator? How are those people getting those complex images into their movies?

Also, just as a test, I opened a jpeg photo in AI. I did nothing to it at all. No vector work or anything. Just saved the file as an .ai(tried both v3 and 8). Then in Moho, I choose to import the file but nothing at all appears. The empty white drawing screen just sits there.

What am I missing? I don't want to be limited to simple solid color characters/environoments in my projects.

Thanks in advance.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

In Moho's help Menu you will find a great wealth of info that can assist you with many questions about how to work with Moho.

Moho works best with the PNG format. HTH
"and then Man created god!"
mashumk

Post by mashumk »

Thanks for the reply.

I've already checked thru the help sections and all I can find is a nearly complete tutorial on using images with bones. It doesn't tell me how to start from scratch. I don't see how they first turned that image (some hula girl) into a moveable character.
When I imported a PNG file, it went directly to the background.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

AI import in Moho is only for vector line art.

Image support in Moho is for PNG and JPG format... it may support others not sure exactly.

To use images in Moho do not import an "image" saved as "AI" format. You want to import the image as an image layer.

AI imports as a vector layer in Moho. If the AI file has only an image in it... well... you get a blank screen because Moho expects AI to be vector only. An image needs to be imported as an image layer. Image layers in Moho won't import AI format... and vector layers won't import image formats even if they are AI.

Moho doesn't vectorize images.

-Vern