I little problem with two characters

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Sparky

I little problem with two characters

Post by Sparky »

I don´t sure if I do this post correctly. Also, excuse me and move the post if it on other side.

So, my question (I think) is very simple.
I have two characters, and horse and a person. And the person sit over the horse... I look for in the tutorial, but I don´t find it.
The problem is the person who is sit in the horse, have two legs (that is normal, I know, normaly all persons have two legs), but one leg must to be the other side of the horse. and... that is the problem....
How can I do it?`Masking, maybe? How? I don´t know... ? I try with all, but I don´t know... alway I have my character sit like an Amazon... and... I know.. that is not a problem If my character is a woman... but the problem is that, the character is a knigt... also I know that all people understad it. ;)

And... p.d. Sorry for my english... two language on my head is too much for me. :P But I think that you all can understand that. ;)

Thanks you
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

you just discovered the greatest problem in moho.
there are many ways to solve it, but all are tedious.
for example, you could duplicate your character and put the second one down the horse, then you turn off the visibility of all layers except the leg one. with the first character (which is on the horse), you take the same leg and turn offf its visibility in the timeline.

well, here is one solution. you can create more, i'm sure.

but, the fact is that moho needs urgently something like a keyframable layer hierarchy!
(we talked about it in feature request, but i don't know what lostmarble thinks)
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Can this 7feet script modified by heyvern help?

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3465

I am just thinking that maybe the control bone can be placed on the layer with the main part of the body and control the leg on the other side? I have not tried this so someone with more experience will know if this is possible.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

As “selgin” explained the procedure already in principal…

If you like here is a file called “Rider/Horse.moho” you can download here:

http://homepage.mac.com/g.t.schneider/n ... ing50.html

I just used one of my characters made one leg invisible (the one behind the horse)
created a new arm with bones and dragged it below the horse-layer to be behind the horse and made the old arm invisible as well.

Please forgive me for the quick design of my “fake horse”

Hope this makes things for you a little bit more understandable.

Cheers
Nolan
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Thank you very much for that answer...
Certanly I had fear about what was the solution, because the first thing that I thought was do one duplicate of my character, eraser all and lay only the leg, and the other layer to do same but eraser only the leg... But I thought that this system was.... a little tedious... But... sheise... I think that there isn´t easy way... :(

Thanks for all...
I must to continue working with Moho and looking for other problems and finding more solutions. :)

Thanks
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

oye!, pero hubieras dicho qeu hablabas español!
(me hubiera ahorrado una de tiempo mental)

eso. bienvenido a este foro tan re lindo.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

No sabia que se podían intervenir en castellano. :(
La mayor parte de los foros de habla inglesia, si intervienes en castellano te suelen borrar el post -si no te banean-

En fín... es un alivio el saber que se hable algo de latín... eso facilita hacer muchas preguntas.