Thank you for the 3D layers!

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Art Sentinel

Thank you for the 3D layers!

Post by Art Sentinel »

Hi LM,

Thank you so much for the 3D layers, my friend. As you are aware, this is an enormously powerful feature! With a couple more options (for controlling how the 3D elements appear and behave) Moho will be instantly elevated to the profitable & high profile 3D animation market, nose to nose with Swift3D... And everyone knows how wildly hot Erain's product is right now!

I have already begun performing careful tests using Moho 5 Beta and Wings 3D. So far the results are very encouraging. I just wanted to know if you would be interested in any feature suggestions I may have as I complete more tests. Is this the proper group to make observations on the 3D layer feature?

Also, I believe I found one bug so far. Do this:

- Open a new project
- Import an .obj file
- Select split-view vertical
- On the left side, leave the view to camera; on the right, set to top, bottom, left, or right
- Select the layer translate tool and try to move the object in the camera view (everything works fine!)
- Now do the same in the other view... See?! A disappearing magic act! ;)

Take care,

- Art Sentinel
http://www.artsentinel.net
Top ten reasons not to procrastinate:

2. ...

(Coming soon...)
Postality

Post by Postality »

swift3d is pretty sweet, I had to try it after I read this post. I still favor moho however. I just wish that you could construct 3D objects inside the program without having to resort to another program to do it.

swift3d is great for this, but it lacks in alot of features that moho has, not to mention the easy to use environment. the animation power of moho is top notch no doubt. and this is one of the reasons I choose moho over anything else. I'm hopeful that moho will strive to become better and better and become the ultimate solution for vector based 3d graphics, even better the swift3d. the bone system in moho is the key feature for allowing fast and easy 3d vector graphics. and they should take advantage of what they've done already.

I'd love to see them drop a gravity / ragdoll system in there that programs such as 3dsmax has.

3 cheers for lost marble. you rock!
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics