Switch Interpolation Doesn't Work with REFERENCED Actions

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Rai López

Switch Interpolation Doesn't Work with REFERENCED Actions

Post by Rai López »

In Moho 5.0.4 seems that still there is a problem with Switch layers and Actions... Seems that when you insert an Action be REFERENCE with Switch Layer animation (and Interpolate Sub-layers CHECKED), the point interpolation between sublayers doesn't work, and changes between one layer into another occurs by "step" :(

...I've observed too that if you try to CYCLE a normal Switch layer animation in Timeline, the interpolation neither works from the first cycle animation onwards, this is, Sub-layer interpolation only works during keyframes that performed the Cycle (during Red Arrow) but not after in timeline... *CIAO*
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

LM, sorry but I must insist (sorry) ...Can I know if this bug will be resolved in the next update? I must decide how I'll do my characters in my proyect and for me is VERY important "morph" my Switch Layers for turning heads, hands, body, etc... and of course is very important too can use Actions by referece... well, thank you VERY much and sorry again... CIAO!

PD: Well, I supposed that we can't know when the next update will come(aproximate date), eh, eh... :?:
F.M.

next update

Post by F.M. »

5.0.6 is available in the download section.
Sine

Post by Sine »

dl'ing 5.0.6 will not help. IMHO Actions is still quirky. I think the way it works need more thought and we can help out by giving LM suggestions on how to improve it.

As a work around the original problem of interpolated switch not working (and other discrepancies between actions and their references) try to use copy instead of reference. Unfortunately copying actions with cycles is another issue. I hope I make sense. :)
Sine =)
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Just to add to the woes:
Keys in switch layers lose their interpolation if you cut and paste them.
(I'm using 5.06)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yeah... I have 5.0.6 since it go out, and I hope that 5.0.7 arrive soon, I think that it go out todat (cause this post)http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=857 ...Well, I'll wait, CIAO!