Modified magnet and points tools.

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Modified magnet and points tools.

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok, I figured it out.

For some reason, the Modified Magnet tool won't load if it's in the Content Folder's 'tool_pro' folder but it will load if I move it in the 'tool' folder alongside the modified Transform Points tool.

So, I'm assuming if I move other mods to the Content Folder, the files should work from the folder where they're supposed to go. But if 'pro' mod files put in the 'tool_pro' folder do not load, try moving them to the 'tool' folder.

I better eat my lunch now. :)

Edit: As described below in Wes' post, the 'tool_pro' folder in the Custom Content Folder seems to be ignored by Moho. For all mods and other third-party tools, use the 'tool' folder instead.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I already put away my laptop but I have one more question: Does Debut pull the custom scripts from a different folder than Pro? I think the answer is 'yes', which would be preferable to me. I could check but I thought to ask here since I'm not in Moho at the moment.

The reason is that I'm working on some 'beginner' tutorials for kids using Debut but I want to keep the Debut install completely 'stock' because I don't want the students modifying the program yet. But I want to use all my custom stuff in Pro of course.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok, just checked this on my work computer and it looks like Debut pulls from the same 'tool' folder Pro uses. I'll just have to make sure to pull the Magnet tool from there before recording the videos. (That tool really should be in Debut though. Maybe I can talk them into including it in the next version.)

Edit: Did another check. Looks like the Magnet mod doesn't load into Debut anyway, so no problem for my videos.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, no idea what that tool_pro folder is for in the custom content folder...might be completely superfluous, just copying the installation folder structure.

I switched to Debut to check, and it plain won't use the same folder as Pro, because it will always creates a "Moho Debut" folder. So you would have to install any third party Pro tool there too, if you want Debut to access them.
There also doesn't appear to be the ability to reload tools within Debut...restart only.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote:I switched to Debut to check, and it plain won't use the same folder as Pro, because it will always creates a "Moho Debut" folder. So you would have to install any third party Pro tool there too, if you want Debut to access them.
There also doesn't appear to be the ability to reload tools within Debut...restart only.
Thanks for checking, Wes. Not sure how I missed the Debut-specific Scripts folder before but I see it now. This works for me! :)
mionorz

Post by mionorz »

dkwroot wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 pm MAGNET TOOL:
I added different falloff strengths for the magnet tool. You can now choose between: linear, smooth, spherical, random, constant and cylindrical falloff strengths.
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... VVuTzQtbzQ

TRANSLATE POINTS TOOL:
You can now move the point of rotation. Simply hold <shift><alt> and click to move the point of rotation to where you please. You can center the rotation by simply pressing the "center" button.
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... 0tqQUhsdjg
Thanks for the great script.
I like this tool a lot.

By the way, I have encountered a definite software crash when using this tool.
When I do the following, MOHO is forced to shut down almost 100% of the time.

I am using MOHO Pro 13.0.2 version.

Move a point with this magnetic tool

We then cut the dimension of the point moved in the timeline and cut the dimension of either X or Y
Remove the keyframe.

If you move forward in the timeline and use the magnet again to move the point, the MOHO ends and
A window appears to report a bug.

I haven't seen this with the custom magnet tool that others have created.

I think the problem is probably due to the fact that the dimension disconnect property was introduced in MOHO when it was first introduced.

I can't deal with it. I need your help.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

The link is broken.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Try the links in Mionorz's post above.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Not sure why but I'm not getting access to the google drive. I have google drive myself and I'm signed in but still no access for your download?
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

No found too. I already tried!

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

To be clear, the links appear to be removed from the original post. The links I'm talking about re the ones in quoted part of mionar's post above.

When I click on the links in mionorz's post, they take me directly to the Google Drive page with the files. I don't think I'm doing anything special to access this.

I'm not sure why the video or links are gone from DKW Root's original post. I don't think I've seen him in the Lost Marble forums for quite some time so maybe he's moved on to something else? That would be unfortunate; he made so many great contributions to this community.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I checked his forum stats and it looks like he visited the forums only a few days ago, so I think he's still around. Hopefully he'll pop in and help.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:36 pm To be clear, the links appear to be removed from the original post. The links I'm talking about re the ones in quoted part of mionar's post above.

When I click on the links in mionorz's post, they take me directly to the Google Drive page with the files. I don't think I'm doing anything special to access this.

I'm not sure why the video or links are gone from DKW Root's original post. I don't think I've seen him in the Lost Marble forums for quite some time so maybe he's moved on to something else? That would be unfortunate; he made so many great contributions to this community.
I also thought the same. Maybe he doesn't have time to update his tools and there are user requests, I don't know. It would really be a shame! I use tools developed by him a lot.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi lucasfranca,

Sorry this took so long but I wanted to be sure it was ok with dkwroot for me to repost his scripts.

He was kind enough to grant approval and you can now download them from the next post.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Created by and originally posted by DKWRoot...

MAGNET TOOL:
I added different falloff strengths for the magnet tool. You can now choose between: linear, smooth, spherical, random, constant and cylindrical falloff strengths.
DOWNLOAD: dr_magnet.zip

TRANSLATE POINTS TOOL:
You can now move the point of rotation. Simply hold <shift><alt> and click to move the point of rotation to where you please. You can center the rotation by simply pressing the "center" button.
DOWNLOAD: dr_transform_points.zip

Reposted with permission from the author. (Note: The Translate Points mod might be considered obsolete for 13.5.5, but the Magnet mod is definitely still useful.)