Scripts fail after Win10 upgrade

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EricTheFish

Scripts fail after Win10 upgrade

Post by EricTheFish »

I upgraded both my desktop and laptop machines from Win7x64 to Win10x64.

I have Moho 12.5 and 13 installed.

Several scripts (including MYND tools) no longer work properly when they were working just fine under Win7.

For example: I get a LUA console message when using the MYND tool "enter from left" which states "D:\MOHO 13 Content\Moho Pro\scripts\tool\dr_animation.lua339: attempt to index local 'data' (a nil value)".

Digging around the internet for LUA messages it looks like this might be some kind of permissions issue with writing a file to disk or something.
[EDIT] I think it may be more related to reading/writing variable values?

I tried checking all these folders to make sure I have ownership and full permissions, but no change.

Has anyone else had this issue with scripts and Win10? Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks for advice.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
synthsin75

Re: Scripts fail after Win10 upgrade

Post by synthsin75 »

Those tools set a first run variable that probably wasn't reset after your update, but needs to be to properly initialize some data for the scripts. The easiest solution is probably to delete you user settings file, although that will set Moho to factory defaults. You can find it here: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Moho Pro12.user.settings
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

Thanks for response. I deleted the Moho12 settings, but sadly no change.
EricTheFish
www.tech-nique.co.uk
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

For the most part, I've had good luck with scripts using Moho 13 and Windows 10. The only Lua script error that's popped up for me in Moho 13 was with Layer Shortcuts, but that's unrelated to your problem and Wes gave me a working temporary solution by disabling section of the script. Apart from that, every script I regularly used in 12.5 seems to work fine in 13.

I haven't used the Mynd Tools but I've been meaning to for awhile. I'll install them today and let you know how it goes.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I've had some comms with the guys at MYND and they said they will have a look into the MYND_MOVER issue with Moho13.
However, as the MYND TOOLS scripts are not a commercial product they don't get the usual level of support, so it may take some weeks.
Fingers crossed they will fix the issue sooner rather than later!
EricTheFish
www.tech-nique.co.uk