What script is MoHo?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

What script is MoHo?

Post by cribble »

I was wondering how was MoHo made? like what script language did you use to make the program? because i keep getting impression that the whole of moho was made with Lua scripting.... i'm just a little confused.
--Scott
cribble.net
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

ermm moho 4 is c/c++,
moho 5 is still c/c++ and also has a lua interpreter built into it and the tools were redone in lua script (making it easier to modify/expand)

lua cant be compiled to a binary or executed without an interpreter (to my knowledge)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

spasmodic_cheese is exactly correct.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

I've been writing in C++ for a few years, and the strange thing is ... it's supposed to be a hard language, but now I think in C++, and it's actually harder for me to grasp high-level user-oriented scripting languages like Lua.
-Keith
cribble

Post by cribble »

Ohh right. I just seriously got the impression it was all Lua. Thanks s_cheese.
--Scott
cribble.net
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

no worries :), keith i dont know how you manage, i tried c++ when i was 13 and i was scared half to death!

I can read it and understand general jist of it, but thats about it =)
wmartinez

Post by wmartinez »

Writting well C++ is an art, nothing to be scare off (I like horror movies, btw) :D

What called my attention was that is was made for BSD, and the interface, which I don't know if is made on C++, is it?.
w-
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

I forced myself to learn C++ from reading books because I'd been playing around with a version of BASIC and it was too slow for the kinds of things ... doing stuff with .wav files and bitmaps, one pixel/sample/whatever at a time. Oh, and of course I had to do lots of digging on the net to find out more about binary file formats.

I did some kind of neat experimental things, like one for turning images inside out ... kind of like your avatar, actually, spas_cheese. Running one transformation like that to a 640x480 bitmap took about seven to fifteen minutes in BASIC, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I bought my first C++ book. At first I was just "porting" (translating) for speed, but eventually you learn about things like class hierarchies and your universe explodes.
-Keith