Bone morph dials script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Maestral wrote:Just for notice, I`ve tried MorphDials v0.2 on Win7, 32bit, sinlge core and it didn`t worked in live preview until I embedded rt_gen_morph_weights.lua script with MD layer (previously rt_apply_morph_weights.lua was embed with vector layers).

All of this was done in sample file, which is in .zip file.

p.s.
I have not seen this baking options before. What needs to be activated to ensure they are running?
Wait a sec, rt_gen_morph_weights.lua isn't even in the the MorphDials_v0.2.zip file, so where did you get the one that you used? I suspect that you must have been using an old rt_apply_morph_weights.lua script or anme file, as I just tried unzipping the zip file myself, and installed the scripts in a brand new AS installation and opened up the anme file from the same zip file and it worked straight out of the box! Funksmaname, can you back me up here?

Baking just lets you create actual keys instead of relying on an embedded script. It's advantages are that it lets you have more channels than just point position and it always plays back at full speed.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Beg your pardon, Rudiger, it was all my bad. Careless renaming of folders might cause this kind of errors (old version of rt_apply_morph_weights.lua was active). I`m so sorry for making confusion.

It all works as it was described, no need for rt_gen_morph_weights.lua script.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Released version 0.3 (see front page) which fixes a few bugs to do with baking.

It should make things a few easier for those playing at home along with funksmaname's excellent YouTube tutorials :)!
bobahendrix

Front page?

Post by bobahendrix »

Hey all,

Rudiger, awesome, amazing brilliant script dude. Funk, nice tutorial! Thanks to you both!

So...where's the link to v0.3? I'm a li'l slow...please help; front page of the post or...? It's not on Ponysmasher's Animestudioscripts.com, is it?

Thanks!
Boba
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

First page, almost at the bottom of the page(second post from bottom)
bobahendrix

thanks

Post by bobahendrix »

Thanks jonbo; I'll use my good eye next time :oops:
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Rudiger - maybe migrate that later message to the first post? this thread has an odd structure :)

good luck boba
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

funksmaname wrote:Rudiger - maybe migrate that later message to the first post? this thread has an odd structure :)

good luck boba
Done!

Hopefully that will serve until I add it as a free product on my Content Paradise page. It will most likely be when I release the new version which includes some of the enhancements from the development version/
marcushaskins@ymail.com

Post by marcushaskins@ymail.com »

hi all ...why doesnt my anime studio have a morph script can i download this ? also the crash core and instant limb script ..how do i get these?...thanks in advance
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

You will find many scripts on that page.

http://animestudioscripts.com/scripts.php
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

marcushaskins@ymail.com wrote:hi all ...why doesnt my anime studio have a morph script can i download this ? also the crash core and instant limb script ..how do i get these?...thanks in advance
If you're talking about my MorphDials script, you can download it from the first post of this thread. For instructions on how to install scripts, just search this forum.
neon22

Post by neon22 »

Rudiger - thanks for the great tool.
Would it be fair to say that next steps could be to:
- add support for switch layers - choosing them where rotation implied selection from top to bottom (say) of the switch list
- add support for moving up and down the layer tree - thereby switching behind and infront...

I'd be happy to work on these

What else needs extending ?
I'd initially considered a bounding box but I don't think its required. I like how your interface is similar in use to the Puppeteer controls in Daz Studio.
(Where you see blob in puppeteer - its similar to a morphdial bone in AS)
Of course it nice to have it in a separate window where you can get it away from the on-screen clutter. But its nice to have it on-screen and right there too...
see puppeteer in a few places, but these are good examples.
1. overview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZRYJC9RV8
2. walk cycle method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn51LSJaWwc
3. pdf showing facial animation approach - http://www.sharecg.com/v/10205/browse/3 ... Studio-1.7

If only the blend morph tool in AS used the initial frame instead of the current frame as its reference... oh well, maybe in a point release...

Roll on performance animation...
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

neon22 wrote:Rudiger - thanks for the great tool.
Would it be fair to say that next steps could be to:
- add support for switch layers - choosing them where rotation implied selection from top to bottom (say) of the switch list
- add support for moving up and down the layer tree - thereby switching behind and infront...

I'd be happy to work on these

What else needs extending ?
I'd initially considered a bounding box but I don't think its required. I like how your interface is similar in use to the Puppeteer controls in Daz Studio.
(Where you see blob in puppeteer - its similar to a morphdial bone in AS)
Of course it nice to have it in a separate window where you can get it away from the on-screen clutter. But its nice to have it on-screen and right there too...
see puppeteer in a few places, but these are good examples.
1. overview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZRYJC9RV8
2. walk cycle method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn51LSJaWwc
3. pdf showing facial animation approach - http://www.sharecg.com/v/10205/browse/3 ... Studio-1.7

If only the blend morph tool in AS used the initial frame instead of the current frame as its reference... oh well, maybe in a point release...

Roll on performance animation...
Glad you like the tool!

I do have an unreleased Beta version of the tool which supports switch and layer order channels, as well as several others. If you are interested, PM me your email, and I'll send it to you. I would love it if you wanted to contribute to the development of it. I get lots of really good requests, but don't have the time to implement them :(.

I also hope that Blend Morphs will one day support relative blending, similar to my scripts. A lot of people have requested it over the years, so I think the chances are good.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

would be nice for someone to help you with the morphdials development!

Neon - where abouts in NZ are you? I'm in Nelson :)

Rudiger - perhaps we could get a google apps or github open to start a feature queue? if you dump your to-do list on there maybe someone can make changes before you get a chance?
neon22

Post by neon22 »

funksmaname - love your work dude. I'm in Auckland and not sure what I'm doing on the computer on a long weekend and the day after the world cup... :roll:

I've been programming for years in CG - mainly in Python but LUA is pretty nice...

Rudiger - sent PM. Looking fwd to it