Bone morph dials script

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chevohra

Re: Bone morph dials script

Post by chevohra »

Hi funksmaname,

Thank you for taking interest in this.

So I could achieve the same with smart dials, but I have 6 controls for expressions, 4 for head turn and 10 for phonemes. Whereas if I use morph dials, then I can just have 3 controller bones for all of these. This makes the key frames much lesser and easier to handle. Basically while I can achieve the same thing with smart dials, the proximity feature of the controller bone in Rudiger's morph dials really reduces the animation time and also makes it easy to animate.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a way to do this with smart dials as well?
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hi Chevora,

If you read back a few posts, you'll see that it is my preference to write a simple embedded script that translates bone proximity into Smart Bone rotation, so you can control several smart bones with a single control bone. The problem is I haven't done any scripting in AS for several years, so it's hard to get back into it.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

That would be a great feature Rudiger, perhaps time to come out of retirement! ;)
BishounenTaurus

Post by BishounenTaurus »

Ditto that! It sounds like a nice compromise between the born morph controller and the built in smart bones, and one that I would certainly enjoy using. :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

In a somewhat related 'holy cow' moment - this thread has had more than 100,000 views!

Rudiger, if you plan to create the proximity script you should consider making it a premium product, or at least have a donation button... (the latter option probably comes with less responsibility) :)