All-in-one bone tool *Updated september 2010*

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: All-in-one bone tool *Updated september 2010*

Post by hayasidist »

ponysmasher's tool is based on an old version of AS where the bone manipulation tools were all separate (the 3 names you've noted). Bones (and points) are now manipulated in their own "all-in-one" tool LM_transform_bone (and LM_transform_points).

As you've discovered, the tool won't work on later versions of AS.

I've just taken a look at the script. There's very little in it that isn't now part of the Standard product (this happens a lot - someone needs something, so they write a script - everyone finds it useful, so the functionality gets adopted and built into core product). The only thing that isn't obviously there (in AS11) is "key all automatically when you change anything".
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

hayasidist wrote:The only thing that isn't obviously there (in AS11) is "key all automatically when you change anything".
That's true. But we have the Freeze Pose command (Ctrl+F or Cmd+F), which is not the same, but close.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Here's an updated version: http://dauid.com/temp/ds_manipulate_bonesl.zip
There are two reasons why I feel I'd still need this, I want Transform Bone to move bones with IK as default and Freeze Pose doesn't create keyframes in every channel so sometimes the character isn't frozen at all.