Script to merge vector layers

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pez

Script to merge vector layers

Post by pez »

Hello,
I'm looking for a script that would enable me to merge a set of vector layers contained within a group.
The set of vector layers would be merged into a single vector layer, with shapes pasted on top of one another.

Does this script exist?
It would be very useful IMO.

Thks
Pez
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Jasp! :idea: ...Just ask to heyvern for and "Inverse" check box for his (WIP?) "Splitter Layer" script we were talking about! I think he could like the idea and... all of us enjoy of it then :)
pez

Post by pez »

I like to create my shapes on separate layers, and then merge them onto one layer.
It's easier to work like that when you need to have superimposed shapes in a layer.
Pez
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I'll get right on it. This should be a piece of cake.

Just so you know I do the same thing. I work on multiple layers and then merge the layers (although sometimes I don't bother merging as it seems pointless). I never saw the need for a script because it was so easy to just copy/paste onto one layer.

I start with the first layer, select all/copy, next layer paste/select all/copy, next layer past/select all/copy.... rinse and repeat. Then I delete all the extra layers. Even with a lot of layers this only takes a very short time, however a script to do this would make it faster and easier.

-vern