Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Ramon, , love the tool so far. But I have a small problem, I can't activate the wiggle morphs. I know you said it's still under development, but nothing I do gets it to work. I've read through the manual, read the blogg, but no go. Maybe you could post a step by step demo on it. PLEASE. :)
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC ! ! !

I have only tried ONE single thing of all these fantastic features in this remarkable tool (tried mouse capturing some IK movements) and I am totally blown away!

Not only does this tool seem to handle the actual capturing very well (didn't notice any problems with it, worked superbly) but it also automatically CLEANED UP the timeline to a minimum of keys (love the tolerance control!) and all the bones with resulting keys on them are MARKED with small color dots which blink on and off IN REALTIME as you play the animation back, making it very clear which bones are affected by keys at each frame!!! The clarity added to the UI because of this is ABSOLUTELY amazing!

EDIT:
Oh wow! The same blinking feature on points as well! How helpful when you are point animating things! Just the fact that all the points flash on for a moment when you drag along on the timeline, making it perfectly clear where all frozen poses are placed, without having to look down at the timeline window!!!

OH MY GOD. I LOVE IT ! I can't wait to try out the rest of all this cool stuff!

EDIT AGAIN:
And the morph wiggle is so sweeeeet! (a little hard to grasp at first... be patient if it seems a little confusing... it's well worth all the experimenting to get it to work :-)
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Thanks Cap, I got it to work with your help. You're right it is SWEEET!!!. :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hi guys, happy to read such reactions and kind words! :)

capricorn, what to say?? You simply have collected in a few lines all my favorite features! I mean, which I can be more proud at least...

jonbo, I'm happy too reading you have finally realized that part; yeah, I agree about it can be a little hard to grasp (plus manual doesn't help too much about this subject, but I made that part at the last minute) and well, I admit too I was a little desperate with all that thing... Anyway, the concept I think can cause more problems is all about where the WiggleMorphs must be created, that is, not for restriction but for simple convenience, in the top Bone Layer of the character (assuming you are animating a character); that way, then will be possible to mix all sub-layer animations, i.e. mixing bone and point animation in the same morph, which can be very useful/powerful in order to get real interesting and perfect poses.

So, and here this the key, in order to get the MorphWiggler widget to work, that top Bone Layer (where the morphs was created) must be the current selected one in layers palette at MorphWiggling time, otherwise, blending won't be possible and you'll get nothing when moving the MorpherPin.

Hmmm, sorry if I have overcomplicated the explanation, of course the way to go will be clarify all this concepts in manual. But as I said, what this feature needs more is a total revision that I always have had in mind (and that now seems totally reliable thanks to THIS amazing add-on) in order to make it totally usable and 1000% powerful; as usually, the problem here is (mainly) all about time...

Greetings!
Ramón López.
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

This is a truly amazing tool (lost Wiggle Tool). I have watched you release these tools from the sidelines and cannot believe the amount of work you put into these tools. I have not tried everything....so I am sure there is a few bugs, but my first impression is “WOW”.

I have to applaud you for a few things:
1. Your icons put the default icons to shame. I cannot believe the level of professionalism you put into every aspect.
2. The mouse capture is brilliant. I can see this cutting my animation steps down a lot IF I am able to master it. I feel like a puppeteer.
3. Your documentation is well done.
4. The amount of detail and forethought you have shown is down right stunning.

I have seen and tried a lot of scripts and most of them are great, however, I am blown away by the amount of detail by these Lost Tools.
If anyone is thinking I am getting paid for saying these things, your wrong. I see pure creativity and a wonderful presentation with these added tools.

If I were Smith Micro, I would be watching you closely, if not, mark my words, another animation program will be knocking at your door. :!:

Peace,
FM
Oddity

Re: Lost·AS·Tools (LostLayerTool, LDT, LostWiggleTool...)

Post by Oddity »

Hi i'm really sorry but i didn't find the right way to intalls those tools.
I'm on OSX
I install them this way:
animestudio8>ScriptResources
animestudio8>Resources>ScriptResources

But it doesn't work
Somebody can help me?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
Oddity

Post by Oddity »

Sorry i'm on OSX and i din't finc the right way to install it
Did someone can help me please?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hi Oddity, maybe I'm not the best person to try to help on this matter (for my Mac OS X eternal blindness) but I'll try even if it's in a manner you surely have still considered, you know... the f'manual! ;)
Oddity wrote: I'm on OSX
I install them this way:
animestudio8>ScriptResources
animestudio8>Resources>ScriptResources
Well the first thing that calls my attention is all about the folders you mention, are they the ones inside the Anime Studio App package? I've to stress that cause it's the mayor difference I remember between Windows and Mac OS installation process and probably the main thing to take into account, here is the chapter (pay special attention to point 2.1) in the LWT Users Manual that try to explain it in detail:
I assume all the other files (the ones inside "tool" and "utility" folders) have to be copied inside the *homonymous* folders inside the Anime Studio App package as well, but better if anyone familiarized with the Mac OS X environment could confirm this. Anyway, once inside the mentioned "Anime Studio App" package, I suppose that a quick navigation inside the package structure itself should give you all the clues. Of course, don't do anything different there if you are not totally sure of what you are doing, or wait/ask for some confirmation from a Mac OS X user at least.

Well, thanks for the interest! :) And sorry for any inconvenience... I hope it helps tho.
gr33ndaybd

Post by gr33ndaybd »

Lost Wiggle Tool is not working in anime studio 8.21 ,PLz help ?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Is this updated for AS9- 64Bit Version? If so, is installation process the same?
Adam
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

drumlug13 wrote:Is this updated for AS9- 64Bit Version? If so, is installation process the same?
Hi and sorry for the answer delay... Well, I've not too much time to dig into all the details right now, but basically the Lost Wiggle Tool is going to need a fix to properly work with ASP 9. This is basically due to the new Layer Tools consolidation, and there are several opened possibilities here, ones better than others, but I think I'll opt now for the quickest one I have in mind (a little mend) and I'll look for a more elegant solution in the future, let's see what it brings...

Oh! About the installation process, well... in general some things have changed in Anime Studio 9 regarding custom scripts disk locations (it's for our own good, believe me! :)) and, although I can't test it, I'm almost sure ASP9 64-bit is following the same rule/paths here, that is (in my case, under Windows 7 32-bit and, of course, having created a "Custom Content Folder") as follows:
  • For Lua files folder's (tools & utility) content:
    • "C:\Users\*userName*\Anime Studio\Anime Studio Pro\scripts\tools"
      "C:\Users\*userName*\Anime Studio\Anime Studio Pro\scripts\utility"

For tool's resources (rl_lost_wigglel_tool) folder:
    • "C:\Users\*UserName*\Anime Studio\Anime Studio Pro\scripts\ScriptResources"

Well, as I said I hope to be able to offer any (whatever it finally be) advance on this very soon. Sorry for any inconvenience, thanks for the interest and greetings.
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Ramón López wrote:....basically the Lost Wiggle Tool is going to need a fix to properly work with ASP 9. This is basically due to the new Layer Tools consolidation,

A fast fix to get the LWT working now, while we are still waiting for that Ramón incorporates the new consolidated layer tool into his script.....

Just grab the old layer tools from a previous AS version (from your AS6, AS7 or AS8) and drop them inside your tools folder.
Then LWT works nicely again.

the files you need to copy are:

lm_rotate_layer.lua
lm_rotate_layer.png
lm_translate_layer.lua
lm_translate_layer.png
lm_scale_layer.lua
lm_scale_layer.png
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

be warned though, copying tools from older versions will undo the new features of those tool - namely the 'adding points after you've already animated a shape' and multiple keyframe editing...
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

funksmaname wrote:be warned though, copying tools from older versions will undo the new features of those tool - namely the 'adding points after you've already animated a shape' and multiple keyframe editing...

Yes of course. Best if you know what you are doing when you are using tools across different versions.

Using the old layer tools from previous versions will prevent the above mentioned things from working from inside the LWT - on the other hand copying the three specific lua files I named into AS9 won't do much harm either, since these files by default are omitted from the tools folder in the AS9 version... i.e. copying these files temporarily into AS9 won't OVERWRITE anything. But it makes LWT work the same way it did in AS8 (since LWT references them for the translate/scale/rotate layer operations).

This is of course just a temporary fix, waiting for Ramón to update his tools... and when he releases an update the three old layer tools can safely be deleted again.

Oh by the way; some of the other integrated LWT functions will also not work in 'AS9 fashion' when it comes to adding points to animation and multiple keyframe editing, because they are integrated inside the script itself. These are for example
LWT magnet,
curvature,
line width,
points mesh scale,
points mesh rotate

(I haven't checked the actions or morph wiggle things, since I tend to not use them that much myself)

But as long as you are aware of this you can still use the tool. I do.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Hi Ramón, with the Lost Layer tool, it would be cool to be able to select multiple layers and have changes made to all of those with a single click on any button in your toolbar.

Also, I'm missing the 'expand mask by a pixel' function.

Probably wise waiting for what 9.3 will bring, but just thought I'd mention it. :)