Instant limb *Major update, now a tool*

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

nicely done PM :) much more intuitive... thanks!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

That's awesome. Is it functionally the same as the menu script? My toolbox is getting a little unwieldy, so I'd like to keep it as a menu script for now.
Thanks again for sharing.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

neeters_guy wrote:That's awesome. Is it functionally the same as the menu script? My toolbox is getting a little unwieldy, so I'd like to keep it as a menu script for now.
Thanks again for sharing.
It's the same basic functionality but now you can immediately see what the limb will look like on your character.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtJHgcmoC8s
DK

Post by DK »

Works great thanks Ponysmasher! I wonder how hard it would be to make a script that creates the rest of a basic character to go with the limbs?

Cheers
D.K
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I've just noticed that it uses the fill colour to create the 'corner fills' when you tick it - so that the corners come out white when you are building a white limb with black outline... is there a way to use the outline colour rather than fill colour for the little end caps? that way it will follow the line colour seamlessly...? Thanks :)
DK

Post by DK »

Ponysmasher. Have you considered extending your script to encompass complete simple character rigs other than just the limbs? This has got to be one of the best scripts I have seen on this forum and it would be a pity not to push it a bit further. So much potential there.

Cheers
D.K
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

do you really think a 'create generic character' button would be useful? i guess if it's similar to the current limb system it can be just based on whatever skeletal shapes you want but won't it mean too many cookycutter characters that a lot of people will create? where is the artistry in such extreme automation?

...i dunno, maybe i'm wrong :P :roll:
DK

Post by DK »

I know that it would encourage younger people to get into animation and that's a good thing right? There are loads of people who want to animate but can't draw so from their perspective it would be wonderfull. From a more pro user I can think of instances where I often need to create character rigs quickly and it's frustrating having to bind points to bones again and again. Something like a cookie cutter approach would be great to get you the basics quickly.
I guess there are arguments that can against like why don't you just create a basic rigged frame and save it somewhere as a default character rig ten import it when you want to create a character. Sure, same argument could've been used against creating this script in the frst place. Why not have a default arm rig that you import. Thing is, this scriptis so cool that you can adjust things on the fly so can you imagine that flexibility an entire rig?

Cheers
D.K
Imago

Post by Imago »

Hey, folks!
I'm back! :D
I was "away" for a lot of reason...
And I will restart with a request:
There are a way to have the old interface? I think it was more useful than the "top tool" interface.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q