A single image layer to "play" an image sequence!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gravly

Post by gravly »

The GIMP script worked out of the box for me, using Linux and ASPro 6. Rylander mentions some futzing to be done for Windows users - I wonder if you noticed.

The script seems to return images with their scaling messed up in some obscure way though. I can't quite work it out. The source images are fine but either a camera movement or a layer scale is not working on the returned/edited image.
gravly

Post by gravly »

Sorry to hijack your thread for a moment Vern - I just want to put the solution to that last GIMP/image edit problem here (where I raised it).

If you close and reopen the anme file then the weird rescaled images are restored to the sizes they should be. It makes the automation of the GIMP script not so useful to have to go to this trouble. If I stumble on a solution somewhere that would be good.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Just thinking about those sequenced image layers.

Surely it could be simpler if the script doesn't even bother with importing the files? We can just drag and drop them in anyway, it's even quicker than finding the file path anyway.

If it was just an extended rescale keyframe tool , that adds keyframes in a switch layers by a duration above that of the next layer in the switch, or some-such.

That way it could be infinitely flexible in regard to the layer type and name/numbering.

Sort of like a keyframe sequencer?
You could even drop in a couple an opacity keyframes in as an option, that could be swweeeet..... 8)
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hahaa ,
It already exits, too easy.
So I found rylanders excellen t loop switch script
http://rylanderanimation.se/tag/anime-studio+scripts/
So just drag all your files into the document then into a switch layer, open the loop switch script and place your frame interval and number of images into the boxes, la viola!
Uses any layer type and any duration.

Woohooo :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D