Script Request: Invert Zoom

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

crsP

Script Request: Invert Zoom

Post by crsP »

Hello,

Is it possible to have a script which reverses the direction of the mouse scroll wheel zoom? I.e. Scroll up to zoom in, scroll Down to zoom out.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Sorry but I don't that is possible.

I haven't tried it but could you set a preference for the scroll wheel just for AS? I remember that some mice have settings you can change for specific applications. Shot in the dark.

-vern
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

or you could rotate the mouse 180 degrees :lol:
crsP

Post by crsP »

Oh well, I thought it might be a long shot. I had been mapping the scroll wheel to the opposite for other applications, since Blender allows for an option of inverting the zoom, I thought it was best to go the Anime Studio way. The problem is every scroll action gets reversed if you map it - dialogue boxes etc. And AS is in the minority in the way it scrolls, so I thought the easiest thing would be to have AS change it's behaviour. I can map the wheel only for AS, but you get the same problem of dialogue scrolling, plus I use the scroll wheel to increase or decrease input fields and move the timeline. All this will get annoying fast if I have to think in the opposite way.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Anyway, you can make zoom using SHIFT + dragging right click left or right. Maybe this could be more comfortable to you.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I had the same problem when switching from Animation Master to Anime Studio. I was so use to Animation Master zooming the other way it took awhile but eventually I got use to it. Now, I get confused working in Animation Master.

-vern
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

funksmaname wrote:or you could rotate the mouse 180 degrees :lol:
That won't work with my trackball mouse... it's wheel scrolls horizontally! :)
[==Peter==]