Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Product)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi All,

Could someone please put me out of my misery. I have just purchased Rudigers RT Shape Utility from Content Paradise and also downloaded the Select Shape Tool from the link above.

I have no idea as to where to put what, to make it work. I copy and pasted the .lua file (renaming the original so as not to lose it) into the scripts tool folder, but when I open ASP I just see a '?' in the 'Other' section of the Tools panel. I don't know what to do with the resource files (.png files), I don't know where to put the rt_shape_util.lua file and also I am not sure if I need the 'no shift' version or the other of version 1.2.

I hope this makes sense. Basically I don't know where I am supposed to put these files.

Thanks in advance.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey jaakay, you just copy and paste the folders into their respective folders, i.e the resource folder into resource file, the script folder into the script file. You'll be asked if you want to merge folders, say yes. you should change the name back that you changed. to use the tool, draw a shape, then select the select shape tool, the buttons should now be usable at the top. i use the shift version, meaning as long as i hold the shift key, i can keep selecting shapes by clicking on them. haven't played much with this tool. hope this helps. :)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I'm not sure the actual shape utils download from CP has folders inside - but the rt_shape_utils.lua file needs to go into your scripts/utility folder.

Once you do that, the rest is as jonbo said.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi Funksmaname,

I bought the rt_shape_utils.lua this morning and extracted to the Script > Utility folder.

What do I need now so that I have the shape number indicator box at the top right of the editor window as seen in your tutorial? Is there another file I need to download from the script page on the forum. If so, which one works with the utility that I have bought and where does it go.

Thank you in advance.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

alright jaakay, when you download the file from the forum there are two files in there, copy and paste to the folders like i show in this image. the tool options won't show up until you draw a shape and then select the select shape tool. here's an image to show where they go

http://www.mediafire.com/?dcha5suh623bzu9
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Sorry Jonbo, but which file do I download from the forum. There are several, but I don't know which one is the one that works with the rt_shape_utils.lua :?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

use either of the top two, these are the latest versions, i use the shift version which is the second one, your choice
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi Jonbo,

I really appreciate you helping me out like this.

I have downloaded the 2nd of the files from the forum. There are 2 folders in there:

Scripts and Resources

In your image you say copy scripts folder to the Scripts folder and Resources folder to Resources. Do you mean just that, or do you mean copy the contents of the downloaded folders to the program folders of the same name?

Sorry for alll the questions, but today I have tried so many combinations and not got it to work, just want to make sure. :?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

yes i mean just that. you will be asked if you want to merge say yes to all. we'll get you up and running yet :) your pathway should look just like the image. also neeters guy gives a detailed explanation in your other thread
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Yes, I have seen it and followed it to the 'T' but still nothing. As I mentioned to NeetersGuy, I have a new tab in the Tools palette called OTHER and there is a question mark where I image an icon should be.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

yes i saw your post, hmmm, check the script menu at the top. in the other catagory you should see now under where it says credit, it should say select shape, if not the script from content paradice isn't installed right. if it is, then draw a shape, then use the select shape tool in the tool palette the one that looks like a bean with an arrow, the tool options should show up at the top.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Jonbo,

I have got it working now.

The glitch was that I had renamed my original lua file, but left it in the scripts folder. When I removed the renamed file from the scripts folder the script works as it should.

Thank again for your help. :D
Hahn

Trouble installing on Mac

Post by Hahn »

I downloaded and installed the RT_ShapUtils and downloaded this script.

In this script download there is two folders, "Resources" and "scripts". In the scripts folder is a tool folder containing two files. I copied those into the tool folder. But I can't find a "Resources" folder in Anime Studio and don't know where the other files should go. ScriptResources folder, Im_select_shape folder - then 3 .png files.

I'm using Mac OS X version 10.7.1

I know it's must be easy, but I feel I might goof things up doing something wrong. Any idea?

Cheers.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Hahn, the folder needs to be placed in the resources folder. This folder will have the splash screen pngs among others. I'm on PC, so I don't know the path for it but here's the path for PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 8\Resources. Maybe try a search on your hdd.
Hahn

Post by Hahn »

Okay, I found it. I had to right click on the application and select "Show Package Contents". But now when I start Anime Studio, it's missing the "Select Shape" tool button.

*edit - all is fine. For some reason the script file wasn't installed. I guess from previous attempts and not sure what I was doing, I removed the file to put things back. Now that it all works, it's actually was easy to install - once you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the quick reply, you did aim me in the right direction.