Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Product)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Ur welcome, one thing though. I sometimes get an error message when using the shape select tool, but I just ignore it. Everything still works but the message is kind of annoying. I should PM Rudiger on this to find out whats up.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Hey thanks for providing all of the tech support, jonbo. I'm in a different timezone, so people often post about the problems they're having with my scripts when I'm fast asleep, so it's great that you can help them out straight away. I feel like I should cut you in for some of the sales money :).

About the error message that you are sometimes seeing, is it at all possible that you could work out the steps to easily reproduce it? A screen capture of the lua console window would also be useful.
Last edited by Rudiger on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Rudiger, happy to help folks out if I can. Been there myself. Love all your scripts and they are so useful that I think more people should use them. Here's when I get the error, if I have a shape with a fill effect like gradient, and I want to manipulate too much with the handle, I get this error. Not a big deal, I just close out the lua window. Everything still works, it's just a bit annoying. Here's a screenshot:

Snapshot_5 by jonbo64, on Flickr
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Thanks, that's helpful, but what exactly do you mean by "manipulate too much with the handle". Do you mean if you quickly move the handle around the screen a lot?
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Hey Rudiger, love your select shape tool!

Here is another little annoying console popup, happens when you try to use ctrl+alt and mouseclick if you do NOT have another shape already chosen;

M_Mesh:Shape - out of range
lm_select_shape, row 241, "attempt to index local 'ASourceShape' (a nil value).

Same type of message happens if you try to execute a shape number but have forgotten to mark any shapes....
(rt_shape_utils, row 117, attempt to index a nil value)

Some kind of friendly error message popup telling you what you have forgot to do would be nice. :-)
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

yes, exactly. If I move the handle quickly the error pops up.
Not An Artist

Newbie... need help

Post by Not An Artist »

Hey guys. New AS user here (coming from TBS) trying to get up to speed asap. Very happy to see an active community!

---

I'm on a Mac with OS Lion.

Bought the lua file from CP. Installed it here:

Applications > Anime Studio > scripts > utility > (3 files, including rt_shape_utils.lua) [can confirm it is in this location]

Also downloaded the top file from Rudiger: v1.2 no shift and think I got the install right. Thanks to Hahn for finding the contents package location. How can we confirm things are in the right place?

However, nothing seems to be working. Jonbo: I can't see Select Shape. Coming down to "Other" just shows Credits.

What did I do wrong?
If only I could draw...
Rudiger

Re: Newbie... need help

Post by Rudiger »

Not An Artist wrote:Hey guys. New AS user here (coming from TBS) trying to get up to speed asap. Very happy to see an active community!

---

I'm on a Mac with OS Lion.

Bought the lua file from CP. Installed it here:

Applications > Anime Studio > scripts > utility > (3 files, including rt_shape_utils.lua) [can confirm it is in this location]

Also downloaded the top file from Rudiger: v1.2 no shift and think I got the install right. Thanks to Hahn for finding the contents package location. How can we confirm things are in the right place?

However, nothing seems to be working. Jonbo: I can't see Select Shape. Coming down to "Other" just shows Credits.

What did I do wrong?
Actually, it's not a menu script, but a tool script (actually a replacement for the existing SelectShape script). Make sure you copy all of the files from lm_select_shape_rudiger_v1.2_no_shift.zip to the scripts/tool folder, overwriting the existing files. Feel free to backup the existing files, just in case. Then the extra goodies should be available in the SelectShape tool the next time you start AnimeStudio.
Not An Artist

Post by Not An Artist »

EDIT

Thanks, Rudiger.

Got it. I had copied the files, not the folder. When I copied the folder and put the pngs in, it worked.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help..
If only I could draw...
Onionskin

Post by Onionskin »

Rudriger, in v8.1 script does not work :(
Is it only by me or others have this issue also?

Please help!
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Onionskin, you need to replace the original select shape lua with one that rudiger provided on the first page of this thread.
Onionskin

Post by Onionskin »

jonbo wrote:Hey Onionskin, you need to replace the original select shape lua with one that rudiger provided on the first page of this thread.

huh, thanks, i dont know what is wrong with me today :oops:
false alarm
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

No problem, I had the same brain fart until I remembered that Rudiger had to keep the same name for the lua in order for it to work. Glad you got it to work again. :)
Onionskin

Re: Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Produ

Post by Onionskin »

Hi again Rudriger,
I upgrade Asp to V9 and now when I use your select shape tool lua console popup,
is it possible to fix it please, this script is very important to me :cry:
Onionskin

Re: Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Produ

Post by Onionskin »

Onionskin wrote:Hi again Rudriger,
I upgrade Asp to V9 and now when I use your select shape tool lua console popup,
is it possible to fix it please, this script is very important to me :cry:
I REPAIRED thanks to Funksmaname and Animators forum! :D

I just find and replace any instance of:

mouseEvent.view:Refresh()

to

mouseEvent.view:RefreshView()

and no more LUA console popups