ASPWrap (Content Paradise Product)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

ASPWrap (Content Paradise Product)

Post by Rudiger »

I don't think I've created a thread for this product yet, and since I have just updated it to make it more powerful and easier to use, I thought now was a good a time as any :).

http://www.contentparadise.com/productD ... x?id=17468

It now comes with a GUI in the form of an AS menu script (rt_aswrap_gui.lua), that lets you render the currently open document in much the same way you would using the File -> Export Animation command, only with extra options:

It also now lets you specify a custom ASPWrap python script to run when rendering the anme file. This makes many new things possible, such as the following:
  • - Run ASPWrap multiple times on the same file, with variations, and combine the results. I plan to use this to write a motion-blur script and add custom blending modes and effects.
  • - Interface with command-line encoders like FFmpeg to support extra video formats like WMV and H.264.
  • - Store the render settings to use for a particular project or anme file.
  • - Render a list of anme files read in from a file.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
JimmyMcNulty

Problem running ASPWrap script

Post by JimmyMcNulty »

Hello,

I have problems getting the ASPWrap working. The script is installed like it's instructed on contentparadise. Phyton is installed to c:\python.

My problem is: If I hit "ok" in the ASPWrap GUI, I get the error message:
Problem running ASPWrap script! Please make sure Python is installed and added to the system path. Also, make sure ASPWrap.pyo version (2.6 or 2.7) matches the Python version.
Phyton is added to the system path and ASPWrap.pyo matches the Python version. So I don't know what the problem is.

System:
Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2 x 2.27GHz
12 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional

I'd be grateful if somebody could give me an answer to my problem.

J.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Hey Rudiger!

Would it be possible with this product to batch render a number of projects and have them export different layers separately more than once with different project settings into different appointed folders?

If so, this product would be well worth the purchase price. Could you give an example of how to achieve such a thing?

Thanks!
Rudiger

Re: Problem running ASPWrap script

Post by Rudiger »

JimmyMcNulty wrote:Hello,

I have problems getting the ASPWrap working. The script is installed like it's instructed on contentparadise. Phyton is installed to c:\python.

My problem is: If I hit "ok" in the ASPWrap GUI, I get the error message:
Problem running ASPWrap script! Please make sure Python is installed and added to the system path. Also, make sure ASPWrap.pyo version (2.6 or 2.7) matches the Python version.
Phyton is added to the system path and ASPWrap.pyo matches the Python version. So I don't know what the problem is.

System:
Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2 x 2.27GHz
12 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional

I'd be grateful if somebody could give me an answer to my problem.

J.
Sorry for the delay in replying. This forum's reply notification feature seems really unreliable these days.

To get a better a idea of what might be going wrong, I suggest bringing up a command prompt window and typing in the following command:

Code: Select all

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\Anime Studio Pro 8\ASPWrap.pyo" -h
If everything is installed correctly, it should output the command-line options for AS. Of course, you may need to change the path to match the Anime Studio installation path on your machine.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more trouble.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Breinmeester wrote:Hey Rudiger!

Would it be possible with this product to batch render a number of projects and have them export different layers separately more than once with different project settings into different appointed folders?

If so, this product would be well worth the purchase price. Could you give an example of how to achieve such a thing?

Thanks!
You could do what you want by writing a custom Python output script that calls the included ASPWrap_render_layers.py output script multiple times. You could list all of the anme files you want to render along with the list of modified project settings you want to use for each one in a txt file which you specify in the "Script options" field of the ASPWrap GUI.

If you wanted to modify project settings that can't be set using AS's command-line interface then you could write a startup Lua script that could modify any project setting available to the scripting interface using custom script options.

This would give you a hugely powerful and flexible setup for generating a whole bunch of alternate renders for multiple projects with just 1 click.

Here is an example of what the GUI window would look like when using this setup:

Of course, the hard bit would be writing the ASPWrap_project_settings.lua and ASPWrap_multi_render_layers.py scripts, but I would be happy to help out with doing this.
A.Evseeva

Re: ASPWrap (Content Paradise Product)

Post by A.Evseeva »

Does this script work for Moho 12 ?
I've got this message
but when I run command line with "python "C:\Program Files (x86)\Anime Studio Pro 8\ASPWrap.pyo" -h" it realy shows it's command-line options with no errors.

I also have a little question about this script's work. Does this script save a new modified moho project file each time it runs ASPWrap function from .pyo and then send it to Moho to open?