Animate the origin of layers

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Penny

Re: Animate the origin of layers

Post by Penny »

Good to know it's still working. I never used it again, but who knows :)
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago
Greenlaw

Re: Animate the origin of layers

Post by Greenlaw »

Yay! It took forever but today I finally got around to trying this tool mod...and it works perfectly in Moho 13.5.5! 😺

Be sure to watch PonySmasher's video at the top of this thread for proper tool usage. There is an important and unobvious step required to make it work.

In case the video disappears, here's a quick step-by-step:

1. There are two parts to the script: a Set Origin tool mod and a Layer script.
2. Install the Set Origin tool mod as normal. Be aware that the icons are not provided in the download so you should copy the Set Origin icons from the Program folder.
3. Embed the Layer script to the layer you wish to animate the origin of. Do this using the Embed option in the Layer Settings.
4. Create an empty vector layer. Rename this layer to have the same name as the layer you will be animating and add '.origin' to the layer name. (For me, this was the unobvious step.)

Now you can animate the coordinates for the origin of the layer.

Thanks PonySmasher! Not sure you still pay attention to this forum but your mod is going to be super handy when I need to transform a character rig from different points in its group layer.

Some install tips for new Moho users:

Be sure to add the mod to your Tools folder in your Custom Content Folder and not to your Moho program folder. Using the Custom Content Folder is the non-destructive way to add a modified tool file. (Altering the original program files by overwriting them is always a bad idea.)

Also, you will need to copy the Set Origin icon files from the Moho program folder because they're not included with the download.

Without these files in your Custom Content folder's Tools folder, the modified tool will still work but you will see a 'broken' icon for Set Origin in the Tools window.