script idea - Z distribute while keeping visual size

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

Re: script idea - Z distribute while keeping visual size

Post by ulrik »

This is great Vern, and welcome back to the forum!
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Ditto, I missed your creative input!
Karhu

Post by Karhu »

That script of yours Vern sounds really great!
Thank you and can´t wait to get my hands on it. :)

It will be big timesaver now and in future as well.

Cheers!

-Karhu
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

So I am trying to create a layer script for this feature. I was right, it is better than the tool, easier to use, but it basically works exactly the same as the tool and has the same issue that the tool has.

The issue is you can't key frame scale keys during animation if you also want scaling offset based on z translation. The reason for this is if you HAVE scale already, and you want to change it on a key frame, then the scale changes over and over and over until the layer just sort of keeps growing non stop. You have to have a static unchanging base value to apply the scale offset to. There is no way to store and modify an existing key frame for layer scale. Once you change it the old value is gone.

What I did with the layer script is ignore frame 0. that would be where you can change the layer scale before z translation offset occurs.

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

I've bee using a script tool that retains scale while chnging z by, er I forgot ,but it great I use it all the time. I'm interested in these new scripts , very cool. Parralax to the max!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I finally used if for REAL myself yesterday. I needed to move some clouds and I was just about to key some subtle parallax and do it the hard way... yeehaa! "Hey I just wrote a script for that didn't I?" :)

-vern