Mods Add Bone and Select Bone tools 9.5 only

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Mods Add Bone and Select Bone tools 9.5 only

Post by chucky »

Great idea Chris, keeping the list separate, that works very well as a concept.
The only problem is that I seem to have to update the script every time I switch tools.
That kinda' puts a spanner in the works. :?
videodv

Post by videodv »

Hi Chucky

Yep Im aware of this will be looking at that today should be able to sort that out.

Regards
Chris.
videodv

Post by videodv »

Hi Chucky

I can now get it to hold when switching from one tool to another but at the moment only on the add_bone tool, it seems to not want to play when I select the select_bone tool? not sure at the moment why its doing this but will press on.

Thanks a lot for checking this out with me Chucky as Im sure you have lots to do otherwise it is much appreciated. :)

Regards
Chris.
videodv

Post by videodv »

I have uploaded the latest version to the link above.

You will notice a have changed to test rig setups give them a look to see how to set them up (for the moment)

You will also see a cw_utilities.lua file put this in your content/scripts/utilities folder

Regards
Chris
chucky

Post by chucky »

So easy to change the list...very neat

Just a caveat before I sound like I'm saying something doesn't work but it does for you.
A few people including Selgin and myself have problems getting the script resources to work in the custom content.... I only mention this to give you a heads up to why (perhaps) anything might not work correctly for me, that's fine if I need to I will copy files to the program folders.

Is this why I have to load the rig all the time or is that still in development?
videodv

Post by videodv »

Hi Chucky
Just a caveat before I sound like I'm saying something doesn't work but it does for you.
A few people including Selgin and myself have problems getting the script resources to work in the custom content.... I only mention this to give you a heads up to why (perhaps) anything might not work correctly for me, that's fine if I need to I will copy files to the program folders.

Mmm not sure I'm on a pc (Windows 7 pro 64bit) are you on a mac by any chance? I have no experience with a mac so unable to test if this is the issue, perhaps yourself or selgin can check and post any changes or different setup instructions needed if this is the case and I will add to the readme.

The cw_utilites.lua file holds the rig setup in an array so if you move tools it should bring it backagain.

I just noticed that you can reselect a bone by holding down the <ALT> key :oops: so the lm_select_bone tool is not needed as you can load an existing rig to change the bone names/colours from the Add Bone tool, so just delete the updated one (the one in your custom content folder) and use the original version.

Regards
Chris.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Cool Chris it's working fine now, not sure what the problem was...
win7 64 btw.
Maybe I was pressing ctrl alt f5 or something
videodv

Post by videodv »

Hi Chucky

Good to hear it's working for you now :)

Maybe I will have a look at the file input routine to see if I can improve it a bit (it was a quick put together), let me know if you have problems with loading in your rig setups.

I will be putting this mod through it's paces next week so hopefully no problems will show up.

Regards
Chris.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Just thought I'd mention that I love this script, it is superbly useful and saves heaps of time and brain muscle.
Thanks so much Chris good on you! :D :D :D :D :D
I can recommend this to anyone.
videodv

Post by videodv »

Thanks for the kind words Chucky I find this mod very useful and time saving as well [:)]

Regards
Chris.
aji

Post by aji »

please upload a video tutorial in youtube
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I just want to say thank you for this great script, it really save me a lot of time!!
Beautiful done! :D
videodv

Post by videodv »

aji wrote:please upload a video tutorial in youtube
You can see how the add bone tool works from the tutorials that come with ASP, If you are not sure how to setup a script just search this forum to see how this is done.

Regards
Chris.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Interesting concept.

Have you thought about expanding it so it can do more than just Name and Color?

For example, almost all my rigs have a bone like this:

Bone name: Blink
Bone color: Yellow
Bone angle: 90
Bone length: 0.25
Bone strength: 0
Angle constraints: enabled
Angle constraints: -90 to 0
Show label: enabled

I'd love to be able to make it with a single click.

PS, In the zip is only the 'add bone' lua, not the 'select bone' version. I like your buttons much better than the drop down menu for selecting bone color. :)
videodv

Post by videodv »

Hi Lukas

Thanks for your thoughts
Show label: enabled
This I had in version one and took it out as it applied to all bones but can easily put it back in with a tick box to enable which bones names you would like from the outset (too many an it got confusing?)
Bone angle: 90
Bone length: 0.25
Bone strength: 0
Angle constraints: enabled
Angle constraints: -90 to 0
I have other scripts that setup a character and character rig, so some of what you have outline is possible will have a look at this.
PS, In the zip is only the 'add bone' lua, not the 'select bone' version.
I took out the select_bone version as you can load in an old or non named character/rig and use the add bone tool (just use the alt key to select the bone you wish to change) also there is not much room on the select_bone tool menu bar!
I like your buttons much better than the drop down menu for selecting bone color. :)
So do I it is much faster :D

Once again thanks for your thoughts will have another look at this over the weekend (must rewrite the import part to make it the same as SM type) the current import routine was just a quick and dirty one to get the script to work.

Regards
Chris.