Script Idea: Convert Vector to Image

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aleXean

Script Idea: Convert Vector to Image

Post by aleXean »

Hey all!

Been using ASP a lot most recently and I had a thought ( feel free to tell me otherwise ) what if there were a plugin that allowed you to convert whatever you have on your vector layer to an Image layer right away, with the click of a button. It may not sound useful but here's my reasoning - When creating backgrounds with gradients ASP slows down. And although you can individually export the images ( gradient or not ) it would be much easier and quicker to have a button transfer the Vector layer to an Image layer.

Think about how with parallax now in 9.5 how much faster and simpler this could make it!

I tried my hand at scripting it myself but the ASP documentation website is confusing to me :/

Any ideas?
synthsin75

Re: Script Idea: Convert Vector to Image

Post by synthsin75 »

I already have a script that does all of this plus more, but I haven't released it yet. When I do, it will be on the AF (see my signature).
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Wes, how "fast" does your script run? I was thinking this idea could be used for "frame by frame", somehow render and import "on the fly". Just one of those crazy ideas. The problem I had was "speed". I just couldn't make it fast enough to be fluid.

Basically I have a script that will load sequential frames into a single image layer. My idea was to draw in vector, render "instantly" to update the frame of the image layer.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, Vern, the full script is exactly that. A quick vector to image frame-by-frame script, complete with timeline keyframes for deleting/re-timing.
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Awesome! I'm glad this is already being worked on - I didn't even think of it as a a way to frame by frame but, yeah! I am already a member on AF so I will be watching for it! Hope it comes out soon :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thank goodness!

I am not a big fan of FBF but I have been experimenting with scripting to improve it for ASP. The fact that someone else has pulled this off.... phew! I can stop working on FBF solutions. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

aleXean wrote:I am already a member on AF ...
What's your name over there?
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Yuotta ;) Been a member since the beginning on that forum and I do browse it every so often! Just have't posted!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh yeah, I remember you over there. It may take a bit, but I'll get this script posted as soon as I can spare the time to do a demo video.