DKWROOT scripts *NEW LAYER SELECTOR

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: DKWROOT scripts (FBF + BONE GROUPS + MORE!)

Post by Greenlaw »

I was about to make a request for Bone Groups in the feature requests area when I found this thread. These tools sound pretty cool...will have to try them out today. Thanks for sharing them. :)
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Updated the tools. Brought alt scaling back and improved a lot of stuff.

@Greenlaw
Thanks
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I get this error when I start ASP:
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Lukas wrote:I get this error when I start ASP:
I updated the link. Download the file again.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Works now!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi!
First of all I would like to thank you for making all this great tool available, it's much appreciated! :D

I just started to try out the fbf possibilities that you introduced in the BRUSH/PEN tool, and it's great! However in the new updated scripts I'm not able to use it outside frame 0, something is broken.
I also have a request if it's possible to have shortcut to "Add frame to switch" button? It would simplify the fbf process a lot?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I've been super busy lately but I'm finally getting around to looking at these tools. Just now watched the New Tools video...wow! This is fantastic! I love using ASP but there are areas where I felt the program could be a lot more efficient, and I think you've addressed many of these issues. Specifically the 'pencil' tool---what you've done is made it more work like what I had hoped we were getting when version 10 was announced. The freehand drawing/editing improvements and the added point eraser functionality alone is going to be a huge timesaver.

Thank you so much for doing this. Installing the tools tonight to give them a whirl. Let you know what I think. :)

G.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

@ulrik
I set the code to always draw on frame 0 for FBF as the point of this design was to treat each layer as its own frame. I suppose that I could set it to work with the draw on frame 0 button, but it might get annoying to some folks to have to toggle it on and off when working with FBF and regular layers. I'll look for a compromise.

@Greenlaw
Thanks. Keep checking back and I'm always updating the tools.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

dkwroot wrote: I set the code to always draw on frame 0 for FBF as the point of this design was to treat each layer as its own frame. I suppose that I could set it to work with the draw on frame 0 button, but it might get annoying to some folks to have to toggle it on and off when working with FBF and regular layers. I'll look for a compromise.
I don't understand, if I want to make a fbf animation, I also want to advance in timeline while drawing, and using the onionskin function, as it is now when I advance in timeline the tool will disappear.
Or maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

Regards / Ulrik
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

ulrik wrote:
dkwroot wrote: I set the code to always draw on frame 0 for FBF as the point of this design was to treat each layer as its own frame. I suppose that I could set it to work with the draw on frame 0 button, but it might get annoying to some folks to have to toggle it on and off when working with FBF and regular layers. I'll look for a compromise.
I don't understand, if I want to make a fbf animation, I also want to advance in timeline while drawing, and using the onionskin function, as it is now when I advance in timeline the tool will disappear.
Or maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

Regards / Ulrik
I made a mistake in the code. I've fixed the issue and updated the tools. I'm putting up a new video as well to go over all features.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Great, thanks! Much appreciated! :D
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

Hello,

I did everything that was in the instruction video to get the DTools thing working. I have ASP 10 but no succes, I do not see the new drawing tools. Any help?
Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

baphomet wrote:I did everything that was in the instruction video to get the DTools thing working. I have ASP 10 but no succes, I do not see the new drawing tools. Any help?
Maybe you're running into the same confusion I ran into when I installed the scripts.

In the first part of the install video, the user is instructed to drag the contents of dr_tool (minus the dr_utility.lua script) to the scripts-tool folder. This is partially incorrect with the latest download files. After unpacking dr_tool.zip, you'll notice that it contains two folders named DK and LT. These contain dark and light icons for the Brush and Pen tools and you'll need to choose one set to install. After choosing a set, copy the two icons from the folder directly to the tool folder (i.e., these two icons cannot remain in their own folder.) Also, if you use the default Light Gray theme, you'll want use the DK (dark) icons--the LT (white) icons are barely visible against the Light Gray theme colors.

The second part of the video is correct--after choosing which icon set you want, just drag the DR_TOOLS folder of icons into the ScriptResources folder. Once again, you want to be sure you choose the correct icon set for your preferred theme. IMO, the dark icons work best with the Light Gray theme. The 'white' icons in the Light folder are just too light for the Light Gray theme. (I'm guessing this is not actually an error but I did find the folder names a little confusing--I had assumed that Light went with 'light' themes and Dark went with 'dark' themes.)

Hope this helps.

G.
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

Thanks Greenlaw, but no it did not help, because I don't even see any tools, not even ones that are barely visible. So I don't think the icons color (light or dark is the problem).
Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's very odd.

Hope this doesn't sound too obvious but I have to ask: did you install the icons to the proper ScriptResources folder for the version of ASP you're using, that is, x64 vs. x32? If you had copied the icons to the folder for the x32 version of ASP, they won't appear in the x64 version of ASP, and vice versa. To play it safe, you can install the icons to the ScriptResources folders for both versions.

Or in the case of the scripts, make sure you copied the scripts to the custom content folder that ASP is reading from. You can check this by selecting the Set Custom Content Folder... under the Help menu.

As a final resort, try installing the scripts to the Scripts folder in main folder instead.

G.