DKWROOT scripts *NEW LAYER SELECTOR

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: DKWROOT scripts (FBF + BONE GROUPS + MORE!)

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's a tip: I like to keep backup copies of my default resource directories and my modified resource directories. This way, if I mess something up or if a newly added script doesn't do what I expected, I can easily revert ASP to its former 'good' state.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think there's an error in the DTools video: the video states that pressing 's' toggles between the Brush and Pen tools. The hot key is actually shift-s. (Pressing only 's' selects the Draw Shape tool.) At least this is how it's working on my laptop.

G.
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

Thank you so much Greenlaw! I've got it working! The only thing not working yet is when I draw something on frame zero I don't see it, but when I go to frame one I see what I previously had drawn in frame zero.
Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Greenlaw wrote:I think there's an error in the DTools video: the video states that pressing 's' toggles between the Brush and Pen tools. The hot key is actually shift-s. (Pressing only 's' selects the Draw Shape tool.) At least this is how it's working on my laptop.

G.
This isn't an error, you just need to clear the "S" key in your hotkey preferences. I can't modify your hotkey preferences with code, so this little part has to be done manually.
baphomet wrote:Thank you so much Greenlaw! I've got it working! The only thing not working yet is when I draw something on frame zero I don't see it, but when I go to frame one I see what I previously had drawn in frame zero.
Open the switch layer and make sure none of the layers have the same name. I'm trying to replicate your problem on my end, but I'm not seeing it.
dueyftw wrote:I been trying to use the tools with out the icons.

The FBF setup is cool up to a point. The problem is that it will not work inside a smart bone. It kick back to the main line. It would be nice to have it work with a smart bone so you can control the timing.

Dale
Anime Studio is designed so that you can't add points within actions. This is to prevent weird problems with curvature and connected points from occurring. Basically, you have to design your stuff outside of the action and then modify them within the smartbone action.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

dueyftw wrote:I been trying to use the tools with out the icons.

The FBF setup is cool up to a point. The problem is that it will not work inside a smart bone. It kick back to the main line. It would be nice to have it work with a smart bone so you can control the timing.

Dale

Anime Studio is designed so that you can't add points within actions. This is to prevent weird problems with curvature and connected points from occurring. Basically, you have to design your stuff outside of the action and then modify them within the smartbone action.

Says who?

if (moho.layer:CurrentAction() ~= "") then
return false -- creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results

Change to:
return true -- creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results

I have learn to deal with the weirdness of this setting.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25234

Dale
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

dueyftw wrote: Says who?

return false -- creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results

Change to:
return true -- creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results

I have learn to deal with the weirdness of this setting.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25234

Dale
You don't have to change it to return true. You could just delete the if statement as the function will default to true. The code tells you not to do this, but if you're comfortable with the results then go for it. I don't think this should be implemented in the standard version of the toolset though.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Have you tried the mod?

Your building a new tool set that is to replace the tools because they don't work perfect in actions.
Now if the tools work in actions then FBF becomes very easy. One of the biggest down falls is that doing FBF in actions you end up drawing on other frames than zero.

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

dkwroot wrote:
Greenlaw wrote:I think there's an error in the DTools video: the video states that pressing 's' toggles between the Brush and Pen tools. The hot key is actually shift-s. (Pressing only 's' selects the Draw Shape tool.) At least this is how it's working on my laptop.

G.
This isn't an error, you just need to clear the "S" key in your hotkey preferences. I can't modify your hotkey preferences with code, so this little part has to be done manually.
Thanks for the clarification! Because shift-s also seems to toggle between brush and pen, I think I'm going to keep the default behavior of 's' for Create Shape. That said, are there recommended key mappings I absolutely should change? I thought I saw something about this a couple of weeks ago but I'm not sure where that was now.

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

G.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

@dueyftw
I checked it out, but you can do the same thing very easily within the main timeline and then copy it to an action. I'll likely add this feature to the 'experimental' options so people can use it at their own discretion.

@Greenlaw
Changing your hotkeys are optional as long as the hotkeys you have mapped change to a different tool. If you don't do this, you could inadvertently activate a hotkey action in the switch while trying to do an action you have bound. I'm going to add another feature to the tool that will allow you to enable or disable the hotkeys.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

@dueyftw
I checked it out, but you can do the same thing very easily within the main timeline and then copy it to an action. I'll likely add this feature to the 'experimental' options so people can use it at their own discretion.
I know that but to have real FBF you should be able to draw in an action. Pushing in and out of an action is not ideal. Because once in the action with out the tools mods you can't change anything. I use 6 frames before the switch to the next layer and sometimes I will have one layer having some point motion in the those 6 frames, all done in the action.

The problem is the tools change behavior. The free hand tool works fine. It add point tool will not close. So to get it to close, I switch to the free hand tool. Also the tools can leave an extra point after the close of a shape. These errors only show up in the drawing in actions. SM have no intentions of fixing them. Thus the block on drawing in actions in the first place.

Dale
Mistro

Post by Mistro »

I need some help to install this. I am a new user to ASP as well as windows 7 pro 64bit. (just upgraded from XP 2 months ago)

In the instructions we are instructed to put the scripts file in the custom scripts tool folder (and also it is mentioned a custom files folder \Anime Studio Pro\Shared Resources can be used too) Are these folders to be made manually and where do I make them? I see 3 locations for ASP. In my \x86 Program Files, \Program files and in \app data\roaming\. Not sure where to start or place files.

I chose the LT icons as I switched to the darker grey. Is this the Icon folder instructed to go into the \ScriptResources folder? What are the 3 LUA files?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

After watching the installation video, be sure to read my post from last week:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26221&start=30#p149967

It's followed by a few more posts regarding installation.

In a nutshell: Under normal circumstances, you'll want to install part of the package to the Script folder in your custom content folder. You decided where this directory exists when you originally set up ASP but you can change it anytime by using the command under the Help menu. When you point ASP to a new custom content location, I think ASP will generate the file structure for you. (Sorry, I'm not 100% certain about that.) The video says to copy all files from the .zip to the folder but this isn't completely correct--before copying the files, you will need to decide which set of tool icons you wish to use (LT or DK) and pull them out of their folder before you move the files.

For the second part of the installation--the tool bar icons--you'll want to copy those to the location in your main program folder as instructed in the video. If you're using the x64 version of Anime Studio Pro, you want to do this for the copy of ASP in the Program Files folder; for the x32 version, do this for the copy in the Program Files (x86) folder. (It doesn't hurt to modify both versions.) As described in the posts, you'll want to choose the icon set that works best for your preferred theme before you copy the icons.

Also, if you're not completely sure about what you're doing, be sure to read my post about backing up your script directories before modifying them. This will save you potential headaches if you decide don't like the changes you made or if you just plain mess up. :)

G.
minstrel

Post by minstrel »

Great scripts, DKWROOT! Thank you!

Curious...especially since I just updated/installed 10.1.1.

Is anyone having problems with the 'IMAGE SEQUENCER [bone] SCRIPT' exporting properly? All goes well on the time-line but the exported animation freezes on first frame [both avi & mov].
...the best is yet to come!
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

minstrel wrote:Great scripts, DKWROOT! Thank you!

Curious...especially since I just updated/installed 10.1.1.

Is anyone having problems with the 'IMAGE SEQUENCER [bone] SCRIPT' exporting properly? All goes well on the time-line but the exported animation freezes on first frame [both avi & mov].
Yes, I'm aware of this issue. I'm swamped with work at the moment, but I'll get around to fixing it as soon as I can.
parseh

Post by parseh »

I downloaded the Bonegroup script. But the zip file doesn't have the icons for create/delete group and I always get errors when I use this tool. Am I missing something here?