DKWROOT scripts *NEW LAYER SELECTOR

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Re: DKWROOT scripts (FBF + BONE GROUPS + MORE!)

Post by dkwroot »

parseh wrote:I downloaded the Bonegroup script. But the zip file doesn't have the icons for create/delete group and I always get errors when I use this tool. Am I missing something here?
Download the Icon file zip from the tool above the bone group tool. Follow the same procedure for as I listed for that tool and everything should be fine. Also, this tool was built for AS10 Pro, so I'm not sure if it's compatible with earlier versions.
ketchup

Post by ketchup »

This looks like an amazing script... thank you for your determination! I am using v9.5 and I get a error when AS starts up.

script\tool\dr_brush.lua:481:'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 246) near 'else'

Parts of it seem to work ( I get the main toolbar and the cursor becomes a pink circle that can size scale )but when i try to draw nothing happens.

So, just letting you know my experience. Looks very cool. I would be interested to see if other 9.5 users had a similar problem?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Hey guys, I updated my tools. I improved a lot of the old features and added some new ones. We now have a weld curve button that when pressed will weld a selected curve to any curve it passes through. I had to completely over-haul the weld curve code to make this word, but now it works really well. A word of warning, don't use this if the lines are too cluttered. I also added a line up feature that allows the user to line up selected points on the y or x axis.

@ketchup
I didn't design my scripts to work with versions earlier than 10. I tried to make it compatible due to requests, but I no longer have a version earlier than 10 to test with so it'll always be buggy for older versions.
dkwroot

Re: DKWROOT scripts *NEW Animate Shape Order!

Post by dkwroot »

We can now animate shape orders. :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, neat! Thanks for continuing to improve and update this tool. Will download and check it out later today.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks like the same implementation Genete used ages ago, but his script hasn't been updated and appears is no longer available. viewtopic.php?t=9211

Like his script, it would be a nightmare for anywhere near 100 shapes, but great for simpler uses.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

I updated the code and fixed a layer selecting issue. Everything should be working just fine now. If you have the old version of the shape order script, please update.
synthsin75 wrote:Looks like the same implementation Genete used ages ago, but his script hasn't been updated and appears is no longer available. viewtopic.php?t=9211

Like his script, it would be a nightmare for anywhere near 100 shapes, but great for simpler uses.
I'm building a test rig using this method and I found a trick to make things easier. Parent bones for shapes that move in groups to a main bone so that you can move a bunch of them together. You can then hide the child bones and reveal them whenever you need.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

dkwroot wrote:I'm building a test rig using this method and I found a trick to make things easier. Parent bones for shapes that move in groups to a main bone so that you can move a bunch of them together. You can then hide the child bones and reveal them whenever you need.
Yeah, such grouping would help immensely.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Holy crap! I didn't know these scripts existed. These are awesome. Thanks, dkwroot! Honestly, it's stuff like this that I have no problem paying for. That's why I chipped in to fund the Duik15 IK tools for AE. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/duik-15--2

One question though, dkwroot. I installed the dr_brush and dr_ptool scripts, and I put the DR_TOOLS folder under the ScriptResources folder, but when I click on the tools ASP gives me errors that it can't find those images. I'm running ASP 10.1.1 on a Mac. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jim
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

First, pick either the light or dark theme icons. Then just go inside one of the folders and copy the images. Then go back to the tools folder and paste the images inside the tools folder. Your scripts should also be directly in the tools folder.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

dkwroot wrote:First, pick either the light or dark theme icons. Then just go inside one of the folders and copy the images. Then go back to the tools folder and paste the images inside the tools folder. Your scripts should also be directly in the tools folder.
Right. The script is working. And I have the correct icons in the tool palette. But in your instructions say to pick the dark/light folder and drag the DR_TOOLS folder with the pictures in it directly into the ScriptResources folder. And the error says it's looking for the images in ScriptResources/DR_TOOLS/DR_box, etc.

ImageScreen Shot 2015-03-31 at 7.54.29 PM by spritelyjim, on Flickr
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Nevermind, I figured it out. There are two ScriptResources folders, at least in the Mac app.

One is: Contents>Resources>ScriptResources
The other is Contents>Resources>Support>scripts>ScriptResources

Which is funny, because the tool folder is right next to the latter, but I had to install the DK_TOOLS folder into the former for it to work. Huh.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Damn this is huge! Are you some kind of mage?

Lots of things to take in but especially the manipulate tool is some next level sh..

The draw at point 0, just to name this one is revolutionary. You should expand the concept to be able to work for any operations (don't know how hard it is)

Anyway, I hope it works on Mac. I'll let you know.

Big thanks!
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

jayfaker wrote:Nevermind, I figured it out. There are two ScriptResources folders, at least in the Mac app.

One is: Contents>Resources>ScriptResources
The other is Contents>Resources>Support>scripts>ScriptResources

Which is funny, because the tool folder is right next to the latter, but I had to install the DK_TOOLS folder into the former for it to work. Huh.
Hey Jay (or anyone who can help for that matter but since you're on Mac), I'm lost after trying everything on my mac with V10.1.3

If I understand correctly I drop dr_ptool and dr_brush right in the tools folder along with their respective png (light or dark), then I put the utility file in the utility folder and the DK_TOOLS folder into the script ressource folder yes?

I've got nothing, no icon, no change.

I tried

- dropping the content of the DK_folder without the folder
- putting the lua files and png in a folder within the tool group
- trying the steps with the custom folder (/documents), the package content of the app (both script ressource folders for DK_TOOLS)

nothing

I even renamed the lua DR_Vtool cause when I open the file in a text editor, it says

ScriptName = "DR_Vtool"

but that didn't work either.

I'm thinking, don't I have to update the _tool_list.txt? with something like that "tool dr_ptool ..."?
but I think I need to assign a location and don't quite know what to give it (group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/???")

Would someone on a mac be kind enough to give me a quick step by step? I swear I read and tried everything. I even corrupted things in the process and had to reinstall (luckily I had a back up of my library)

I would really love to try this script.

Thanks
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Nicohk92 wrote: Hey Jay (or anyone who can help for that matter but since you're on Mac), I'm lost after trying everything on my mac with V10.1.3
Hey Nicoh,

Just to make sure, here are the paths I'm using:

Applications>AnimeStudioPro.app>Contents>Resources>Support>scripts>tool>(.lua and respective .png files)
Applications>AnimeStudioPro.app>Contents>Resources>Support>scripts>utility>dr_utility.lua
Applications>AnimeStudioPro.app>Contents>Resources>ScriptResources>DR_TOOLS>(.png files)

Are these what you are using?