Simple Stroke Text

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jaakay

Simple Stroke Text

Post by jaakay »

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the Simple Stroke Text script by Heyvern is compatible with version 10.1.

I was hoping it would be so that I can use it to name my bones, as the 'Show Label' check box does not work on my machine for some reason. I am using Mac Book Pro OSX 10.8.5. I keep getting error messages when I draw a bone and then enable show label. The message reads:

...ntents/Resources/Support/scripts/tool/lm_select_bone.lua:1043: attempt to call field 'setbit' (a nil value)

Now when trying to use the Simple Stroke Text I get the following message:

...tudio Pro/scripts/menu/Hubumedia/hm_simplestroketext.lua:1116: attempt to call field 'getn' (a nil value)

I contacted support today regarding the 'Show Labels' problem and they seemed to think it maybe a third party script causing the problem. I removed them all except the Smart Bones Helper as this is supposed to be compatible with version 10, but I am still having the same problem.

Any help here with either of these error messages would be appreciated.

Thank you.
heyvern

Re: Simple Stroke Text

Post by heyvern »

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the built in bone labeling feature. It sounds frustrating.
I created that script mainly for labeling bones and the newest versions of ASP have that feature built in so it's not as useful as it was in the past.

I have fixed the script for you. You can download it from the page linked below.

simple-stroke-text
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi Heyvern,

Thank you so very much for responding and updating the script so quickly.

Works like a dream! :D

Jaakay
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

This is the first time that i heard about this script... looks really great!

Is there a way to use fonts?

Cheers!