Installing Fazek's Tools

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mayfly

Installing Fazek's Tools

Post by Mayfly »

From what I gather, from the 2 videos I watched. All I'm suppose to do is extract the contents to a folder, copy those contents to the tools folder in AS. I did that, but the tools don't appear when I open AS. I can see the tools when I look in the tools folder, but they don't show up in the program. I know it's something simple I'm missing, because it usually is, but I can't figure it out. So I was hoping one of you kind gents knew.

I posted this on the How To board, and got no replies. I'm hoping this is more fruitful.
F.M.

Re: Installing Fazek's Tools

Post by F.M. »

Are the tools compatible with the version of the program that you are using?
Fazek's tools are quite old!
"and then Man created god!"
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

Yeah, I'm still using 9. I told myself I wouldn't upgrade until i got a hold of 9, because i jumped from 8 to 9 without producing anything
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Make sure that you placed them inside the tools folder located inside the scripts folder. HTH.
"and then Man created god!"
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

yeah i did. still nothing.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

just to be clear - the files should go in your custom folders (in AS see: help / open custom content folder):

<your path>\Anime Studio Pro\scripts\tool : copy the contents of the "tool" directory in the .zip (lots of .lua and .png files) to this folder
and
<your path>\Anime Studio Pro\scripts\utility : copy the fa_sharedutils.lua file from the "utility" folder in the .zip

and you may want to move the corresponding lm_* tools out of the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 10\Resources\Support\scripts\tool) to somewhere safe so you can restore them if you so desire at a later time.

(as an option - not recommended by SM - you could put fazek's tools in the installation directory's tool and utility subfolders)

quit and restart AS if you had it running during the file copy.

and, for completeness, the latest version is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19247240/Fazek ... corn33.zip
(updated for AS9 and later by capricorn33 -- see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3507&start=135#p130507)
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

Ok, I'll try this, and I'll let you know how it goes.