Translating Points tool needed

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Translating Points tool needed

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hello there!

I had a a script that prevented AS to automatically select all points of a shape when you hit the line instead of a point. Just the nearest point was selected. Which saved me time, nerves and my sanity. It worked fine on AS 8 and 9.
No I want to upgrade to AS11 and I am afraid the script will not work there anymore. 5it was even tricky to make it run ander AS9

Therefore I would like to ask: Is there such as script for AS11 out there? Does anybody know? Its really important for me. :lol:

Thanks!

Diana
hayasidist

Re: Translating Points tool needed

Post by hayasidist »

try this.. just a straightforward update of the standard (AS11) LM_ scripts to disable that behaviour. (transform calls select)

https://www.mediafire.com/?577c1vhexr9g3xd

2 scripts, 2 icons and 4 cursors - copy into your custom tools folder.

up to you whether you delete the standard tools or not (but take a backup first!!)

let me know if you hit any problems.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Thank you a lot! I will try this out and let you know if it works. Again a BIG thank you! 8)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

... a sudden glimpse of the blindingly obvious - some scripts other than just point transform will call the LM_select points.

I've updated the download to include a version of select named LM_ ... that disables curve and shape selection.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/577c1 ... Points.zip

if you intend a straight replacement then it's only necessary to SAVE THE STANDARD lm_select_points.lua somewhere safe and then replace it with the version in here (The files named HS_* are not needed in this case).

If you want both versions then ignore the LM_ file in the download and copy the 8 HS_ files to your custom directory. I've updated the HS_ icons to make a clear difference.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Thanks! I will let you know how it worked. (Since I am dumb as dirt, I will probably come back with some stupid questions :oops: )
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hi!

Just bought AS11, installed it - and the script. WORKS FINE! No select-all-annoyance! 8)

Again thank you very, very much for this quick help. It is greatly apreciated!

Have a great day!
Diana

:D
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

You're very welcome. I've also raised a formal request to make 'select all points in shape / all points on curve' an option. (IIRC it was an option back in AS7-ish times??)

I've noticed a few downloads of the files, so if there's anyone else looking in who wants that option included in the base product, please say here ... just add a "+1" if you don't feel like typing much!
videodv

Post by videodv »

+1
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Say hayasidist,

Will the samene script file work with Moho12? Or is a new script-file required / available?

Because I consider upgrading o Moho 12, but I won't if there isn't a way to adjust the translating points tool to the "correct" behavior. This is crucial to me.

Thanks!

Diana
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the script should work -- the main difference in 12 is that the UI has changed so the icons won't look "pretty" -- but I can update those in the next week or so and run a couple of tests to make sure. (plus I've bumped the formal request for this behavior as an option)

======
BTW -- (open question to anyone who has this script)

which installation option did you use? (the HS_ ones as extras or replace the LM_ ones??)
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Oh thank you very much ! So then I will wait until you have done this and kindly put the new script online.
I don't rememeber too well, but I remember that I've chosen the most simple way to install the script, which was to replace the files.

Thanks also for bumping the request for this behavior as an option on Moho. It would be great if one day, it will just run "correctly" with no need of an additional script.

I know we all have a different working routines. Mine is a lot based on points translation and so really it is a hinderig thing if the shape gets constantly selected without being asked for, just because I missed a point with the curser.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi Diana -- given that you did a straight replace, I haven't updated the HS_ ones; so here is an updated LM_ one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8711gsf1m ... ints12.zip

This file just has the updated (Moho12) lm_select_points script. This disables the "select shape" and "select whole curve" behaviours.

to use it: copy the Moho12 version to replace the Moho 11 script in your custom content folder. ((The icons are not included in the Moho 12 download))

If there are any problems (or if anyone needs the HS_ versions to run alongside the standard LM_ version) please say.

(Oh -- and -- there's a discount on the upgrade price until the end of October 2016 http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29975 )
Last edited by hayasidist on Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Thank you so very, very much hayasidist! 8)

Yes, I saw the promo. I hope I can take advantage of it. and scratch together the bucks in time. If not, I will have to pay the regular upgrade.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

By the way:
I am wondering if there is a short-cut key to deselct all points in a shape. Because I often select a couple points, do the move and then have to deselct them. By choosing the path of going to the menu and so on.
Thanks in advance.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yes.

to deselect all selected points: escape (or in return in "classic" mode - edit / preferences / tools / classic point editing shortcuts) or, with the point selection tool active, click anywhere away from a shape (or on a point in a different shape to select just that point)

to deselect points using the select points tool - alt-click a point or alt-lasso / alt-drag selection box to choose the points to be deselected (alt-click the shape will work in the base version of the tool)