DKWROOT Scripts ( Lots of Improvements )

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: DKWROOT Scripts ( Lots of Improvements )

Post by chucky »

Cheers ! that's awesome! Very useful tools
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

THANK YOU! I can really use this now. :D
Keitou

Post by Keitou »

in moho 12. where is the route to install the script? sorry if this was already replyed but i didn't find it along the thread. :oops:
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Keitou wrote:in moho 12. where is the route to install the script? sorry if this was already replyed but i didn't find it along the thread. :oops:
In your documents folder, you should see an anime studio folder. Go inside of it and look for a folder called "Scripts". Inside of that folder, you should find a folder called "Menu". Just unzip the menu scripts inside that folder.

If you're talking about the old tools I give at the start of this thread, those can be placed into the "tool" folder. Put the images in the "Images" folder into the "ScriptResources" folder.
Keitou

Post by Keitou »

dkwroot wrote:
Keitou wrote:in moho 12. where is the route to install the script? sorry if this was already replyed but i didn't find it along the thread. :oops:
In your documents folder, you should see an anime studio folder. Go inside of it and look for a folder called "Scripts". Inside of that folder, you should find a folder called "Menu". Just unzip the menu scripts inside that folder.

If you're talking about the old tools I give at the start of this thread, those can be placed into the "tool" folder. Put the images in the "Images" folder into the "ScriptResources" folder.
thanks a lot dkwroot. gonna try in a moment :)
dfreynolds

Post by dfreynolds »

Thank you so much! This will save us tons and tons of time!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Finally got to use the Menu version of your tools. They're fantastic! Thanks for sharing DKWRoot.

One question: is it possible to assign these commands to a shortcut? I'm guessing not the normal way, but wondering if this can be done in the script.

(Sorry, I'm not knowledgeable in Moho scripting...yet. That's one of my goals for later this year.) :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:One question: is it possible to assign these commands to a shortcut? I'm guessing not the normal way, but wondering if this can be done in the script.
If you make them button scripts, you can add a shortcut.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the tip!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick followup: I notice that sometimes I may still get funky results if there are bezier curves involved. Fortunately, these errors have been easily fixable, and still preferable to not having this tool at all.

Not really a big deal since I've mostly gone back to using 'classic' points for deforming elements, which is where I'm normally using this tool anyway.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

dkwroot wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:56 am
I updated the mirror and swap points scripts. They're menu scripts now and they can handle both bezier handles and strokes.

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... mNCX1pvME0
Today I've been trying to understand how to use your fantastic Mirror Points and Swap Side scripts. They are really awesome to make things like head rigs with L-R turns.

I'm using Moho 12.5. It took me a while to be able to use the Mirror Points script correctly with a head shape but works perfectly, I just had to make sure that the top middle point was exactly on the midle (X=0).
The Swap Points script is giving me more problems, even if I don't use the beziers, there is always one point (the one on the bottom, on the chin) that doesn't change its position.
I really like Moho but honestly I don't understand why they don't implement many scripts like yours that are that cool.
Thank you so much for sharing them!
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

Does anyone know if this script works on Moho 13.5? Why doesn't Moho have a native mirroring tool? I do not understand!
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The tools work fine in Moho 13.5. You may expect occasional weirdness if you use bezier points, but it usually does the job perfectly. (This is nothing new, the error happens in earlier versions of Moho too.)

To use it, select your y-axis point and run the (Mirror or Swap) script. If you're using Mirror and it doesn't mirror the side you expected, you need to run Swap first (to 'flip') and then Mirror. (Edit: This info is inadequate...see this post for a more complete explanation: Mirror Points and Swap Sides Tutorial #1)

And, I agree this should be a native feature--these scripts are a huge timesaver when creating Smart Bone Action for smooth head and body turns.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
8BitHobo

Post by 8BitHobo »

Just a Heads up, I've found in 13.5.1 that I'm unable to use pin bones anymore with this script, unless I take out the lm_add_bone.lua.
If anyone else could double check that would be great.

Edit: NM this has already pointed out, was there ever a fix for this?
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

The video is as private.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D