Walk tool BETA

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lehtiniemi

Walk tool BETA

Post by lehtiniemi »

Hey!

Here's a BETA version of a tool that I wrote. This makes it incredibly fast to attach walk cycles to floor. You load a walk cycle, then give this tool heel/toe bone to follow and it moves the Bone layer to counter the bone base movement. Result is that the bone appears to be locked during the selected range and the character moves by walking.

USAGE:
-Open a rig
-Apply the walk cycle animation so that the characters walks at the same place without moving
-Activate "Walk tool"
-ALT-click the bone heel/toe bone that is currently touching the ground
-drag the tool in the viewport to scrub frames - release the mouse at the frame where the character lifts this foot from ground
-Now frames are automatically generated so that the layer moves with the selected bone
-Now ALT-click on the other heel/toe bone that is now touching the ground
-Repeat the process until the character stops.

THINGS TO CONSIDER:
-Currently, the movement is applied based on the bone layer movement - no parent layer movement is taken into account. I haven't used this so much yet that I would know which is the best approach. I might change it so that it compensates parent layer movement as well, but I don't know yet which is more needed: bypassing this or including it. So: local layer movement only compensated, parent layers ignored. Be warned!

This is the first working version and there might be some mess in the code. Please give feedback if you find errors, I haven't tested this so much yet, but still enough to see it work anyway in my test scenarios.

Thanks to hayasidist and synthsin75 for help and tips to make this work. Also thanks to David Sandberg for the genious drag-to-select-range code in "Bone Time Machine".

Download here and install to "tool"-folder, restart Anime Studio:
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com/tmp/JL_ ... 0_BETA.zip