Modified magnet and points tools.

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Modified magnet and points tools.

Post by Greenlaw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Ok, I figured it out.

For some reason, the Modified Magnet tool won't load if it's in the Content Folder's 'tool_pro' folder but it will load if I move it in the 'tool' folder alongside the modified Transform Points tool.

So, I'm assuming if I move other mods to the Content Folder, the files should work from the folder where they're supposed to go. But if 'pro' mod files put in the 'tool_pro' folder do not load, try moving them to the 'tool' folder.

I better eat my lunch now. :)

Edit: As described below in Wes' post, the 'tool_pro' folder in the Custom Content Folder seems to be ignored by Moho. For all mods and other third-party tools, use the 'tool' folder instead.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Little Green Dog Channel on Vimeo | Greenlaw's Demo Reel 2017
Lead Digital Animator, Dreamworks Animation

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:13 pm

I already put away my laptop but I have one more question: Does Debut pull the custom scripts from a different folder than Pro? I think the answer is 'yes', which would be preferable to me. I could check but I thought to ask here since I'm not in Moho at the moment.

The reason is that I'm working on some 'beginner' tutorials for kids using Debut but I want to keep the Debut install completely 'stock' because I don't want the students modifying the program yet. But I want to use all my custom stuff in Pro of course.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner - Little Green Dog | Little Green Dog Channel on Vimeo | Greenlaw's Demo Reel 2017

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Ok, just checked this on my work computer and it looks like Debut pulls from the same 'tool' folder Pro uses. I'll just have to make sure to pull the Magnet tool from there before recording the videos. (That tool really should be in Debut though. Maybe I can talk them into including it in the next version.)

Edit: Did another check. Looks like the Magnet mod doesn't load into Debut anyway, so no problem for my videos.
D.R. Greenlaw

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Yeah, no idea what that tool_pro folder is for in the custom content folder...might be completely superfluous, just copying the installation folder structure.

I switched to Debut to check, and it plain won't use the same folder as Pro, because it will always creates a "Moho Debut" folder. So you would have to install any third party Pro tool there too, if you want Debut to access them.
There also doesn't appear to be the ability to reload tools within Debut...restart only.
- Wes
ImageImageImage
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 am

synthsin75 wrote:I switched to Debut to check, and it plain won't use the same folder as Pro, because it will always creates a "Moho Debut" folder. So you would have to install any third party Pro tool there too, if you want Debut to access them.
There also doesn't appear to be the ability to reload tools within Debut...restart only.
Thanks for checking, Wes. Not sure how I missed the Debut-specific Scripts folder before but I see it now. This works for me! :)
D.R. Greenlaw