Polyblob

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Polyblob

Post by chucky »

I had this idea of a blob mod.
Reduced points with sharp edges, with the same in its eraser function.

Draw straight edged objects quickly and spontaniously.
Especially good for retro wonk.

Moho's great for crisp edged shapes but it's painstaking and boring clicking away with the mouse and the shapes end up cludgy and lumpen, when freehand apps like Clip Studio excel at high speed.
Yes I could have used the stylus in the first one, maybe I did for some of it, but the fact that we have to trace around the shape rather than sketching it gesturally what kills the drawing ( unless we trace from something drawn elsewhere right... but then... that's double working ).

Here are examples first is Moho , took frickn ages, looks boring.
Second CSP, not perfect but fast and fun.

I think a polyblob mod could make these type of shapes quick and fun in Moho too.

I'm talking about the tree and building, not the chair, that looks boring in the first one because I was drained of life by the process of mouse drawing the other stuff, while the second one stayed fresh, cos I was just free-drawing the whole thing.
Edit, increased moho contrast as per Wes' (synthsin75) suggestion below
Last edited by chucky on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chucky

Re: Polyblob

Post by chucky »

Oh by the way, the textures and brushes in the CSP look pretty good there, from a pack I made for it.

If I made a similar pack for Moho, would anyone like that? :wink:
Last edited by chucky on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Sign me up!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Little hard to compare the two with the dramatic lighting contrast in one. That alone makes the first one look a bit flat.
chucky

Post by chucky »

synthsin75 wrote:Little hard to compare the two with the dramatic lighting contrast in one. That alone makes the first one look a bit flat.
Shapes be very different to tone, Moho does tend to have a flat render and there's no visualisation for blend modes which is also a problem.I'll bump up the cotrast though, I thought It might be easy enough to see which one had more life to the shapes.
I tried playing with the blob script, thought I could just change some values to get what I'm talking about to happen.
I was dream'n, lol.
Let's say I wasn't succesful.
I'll edit and repost that top image in a second.
The second image has more texture to it too, it's just so much quicker selecting brushes and setting up clip masks in Clip Studio.
Moho's weakness is all the in and outs of palettes all the time, changing colours, changing brushes, setting masks, drawing shapes.
It's hell on cost and creativity.