Looking for a way to keep a storyboard file in view

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

Re: Looking for a way to keep a storyboard file in view

Post by Lukas »

jezjones29 wrote:When I need to follow an animatic or video, I place the video/s in a switch layer (Don't render this layer set). I then align them in the seqencer, then use Window > Switch Selection.
The videos play with the timeline, but it stays fixed when zooming in and out.
Ohh, that's a smart trick and looks so great! Too bad the switch layer has to stay selected, that makes it pretty useless for me.
I wonder if we can somehow force the 'Switch Selection'-window to keep focusing on a specific switchlayer while we are working on other layers?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jezjones29 wrote:When I need to follow an animatic or video, I place the video/s in a switch layer (Don't render this layer set). I then align them in the seqencer, then use Window > Switch Selection.
Haha, this idea is great :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
chucky

Post by chucky »

jezjones29 wrote:I like your script Wes. I've been using it today and it works well. Thanks.

When I need to follow an animatic or video, I place the video/s in a switch layer (Don't render this layer set). I then align them in the seqencer, then use Window > Switch Selection.
You can also use this method for storyboard images, and you can show hide them when needed (and the slider makes this quick to change)
It would be good if this window was resizeable, but it doesn't take up too much room.
Wow what a great idea ,Jez! haha , talk about 'beating the system' !
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, too bad you need to keep the switch layer selected, and that window is not accessible by scripting.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Oh, yep .
There's the catch. :lol: D'oh!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's the automatic layer docking for Windows only, in case anyone missed it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32740