Styles and as a window with a scroll?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Styles and as a window with a scroll?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible with a script, but do you know if there's any way (or maybe something similar already exists) to have a window with a list of all the styles from a document?
I'm working with hundreds of styles here, so when I open the list it covers the entire screen and I'm still not able to see all them.
A window with a scroll bar and the option to select a style from it would be just perfect.

Do you have any idea about it?
Thank you very much.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Re: Styles and as a window with a scroll?

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh...I know what you mean, Victor. Because of this, I have to limit how I use Styles more than I like. Generally, I work with Styles when building a character, but after the production scenes are assembled and multiple characters are imported, it becomes unwieldy and I no longer want to deal with it. We really need a better system for managing long lists of items in Moho, like Actions, Styles, Bones, etc. Instead of a menu list, maybe a tabbed multipurpose window with groups, tag filters, bookmarks...anything to help organize the mess.

A while back, Chucky created an interesting mockup of a Styles management system, but, AFAIK, nothing like that exists yet.

Sorry, I know that's not very helpful. FWIW, a while back, I was told that the devs were trying out some ideas to address this issue. Hopefully, they're making progress.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, a scrolling list could be scripted. If I can find the time, I'll look into it.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey guys, wouldn't it be nice to organise styles and brushes?
I think you guys carry some heft all together. :idea:

Maybe bump the report?
Where do we talk about this now? :roll:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Greenlaw wrote:Ugh...I know what you mean, Victor. Because of this, I have to limit how I use Styles more than I like. Generally, I work with Styles when building a character, but after the production scenes are assembled and multiple characters are imported, it becomes unwieldy and I no longer want to deal with it. We really need a better system for managing long lists of items in Moho, like Actions, Styles, Bones, etc. Instead of a menu list, maybe a tabbed multipurpose window with groups, tag filters, bookmarks...anything to help organize the mess.
A while back, Chucky created an interesting mockup of a Styles management system, but, AFAIK, nothing like that exists yet.
Sorry, I know that's not very helpful. FWIW, a while back, I was told that the devs were trying out some ideas to address this issue. Hopefully, they're making progress.
Yes, I spent a lot of time thinking about how to re design the Styles window to make them more powerful and accessible. I wish the new developers could take a look on that too :)
synthsin75 wrote:Yes, a scrolling list could be scripted. If I can find the time, I'll look into it.
That would be awesome, Wes. Thank you very much for considering it!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel