Has anyone created a 3D translation tool already?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

A.Evseeva

Has anyone created a 3D translation tool already?

Post by A.Evseeva »

...for translating individual vertices in imported 3D objects? (There are all the classes in Lua API for doing it)
synthsin75

Re: Has anyone created a 3D translation tool already?

Post by synthsin75 »

I've played with those functions enough to know they work, but nothing useful. And I'm not aware of anyone else doing so.

The first hurdle is probably drawing the vertices, since Moho doesn't natively show them. Otherwise you're just grabbing blindly at what could be a pretty dense model. Then you'd need a 3D gizmo to manipulate, and probably better ways to tweak a model than just one vertex at a time.
hayasidist

Re: Has anyone created a 3D translation tool already?

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - as Wes says - the problem is the UI (there isn't one!). I too have successfully used the 3d point placement routines but in very simplistic model construction. By way of surrogate for a 3d UI I used a 2d vector layer as a "plan" for x/z (i.e. y on the vector layer is z on the 3d model) with line width giving 3d y (vertical) relative to the layer z (which, of course, maps to 3d y). But it's really not satisfactory as there's no sensible way of showing edges that span 2d vector layers...