Perspective points tool... H and V "all in one"

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Perspective points tool... H and V "all in one"

Post by heyvern »

I looked and looked and couldn't find a modified perspective points tool... so...

It only took a few minutes... might as well share for those who don't have a few minutes. If this is done somewhere else... oh well.

Use the <ALT> (Option on Mac) to switch from horizontal to vertical perspective editing.

http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/hv_p ... points.zip

-vern
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...EY! THANKS! :D And... talking about Perspective tools :), have you thought (by chance) in modificate it to can change the center of the distortion? I say this cause just now I'm treating to extract some part of the code added by macton to the the LM_scale_points.lua to can change the handle point of scaling and treating to insert it in LM_perspective_points_H/V.lua to can achive a similar control on it, I think it could be a great improvement for this tools but actually I have not results :( ...But well, incredibly macton only had to add practically this few lines of code...

Code: Select all

if (mouseEvent.ctrlKey) then
	  mesh:ScalePoints(scaling.x, scaling.y, mouseEvent.startVec )
  else
	  mesh:ScalePoints(scaling.x, scaling.y, self.centerVec)
  end
...to can get it and, althought isn't exactly the same, I think it shouldn't be too much difficult to addapt for work too in Perspective Tools, isn't? ...Well, I'm not totally sure of that :roll: but I'll continue trying... And, of course, if somebody with more talent had "a few minutes" too to experiment with it it'd be very (VERY) nice :) ...CIAO