Please send suggestions for my scriptwriting

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

I recently completed an on line basic anime studio (moho) course. Without the use of your tools, it would have been a tedious chore. Just wanted to thank you and encourage you to continue your work.
Sincerely,
ingie01
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Hi Fazek,

I am trying to make your meshinstance script work. This exactly, what I need, as far as I could understand from your description. I did what you have written in the Readme file, but I could not copy the points from one layer to another.

Could you provide extra information or a sample file? This would really save me!

Thanks in advance...
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

I hope this is not an Anime Studio specific error, I still waiting for the Linux version, so I have Moho only.
Just a quick step-by-step test:

1. In an empty scene, you have a layer named "Layer 1". Draw something on this layer.
2. Go to the layer settings, and load the meshinstance script into this "Layer 1".
3. Duplicate the layer. The new layer's name will be "Layer 2". You don't have to set the meshinstance script for this new layer, it is also copied from "Layer 1".
4. Change the new layer's name to "Layer 1.dup". So the beginning part of the name is the same and added a ".dup" at the end of the name.

5. Now you can see that you can move only the points of "Layer 1" and "Layer 1.dup" always follows the positions.
- - - Fazek
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Dear Fazek,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Now, it works. But this is not what I exactly want. What I want is to copy the mesh in one layer or multiple layers to another layer and edit it. In other words, I want to freeze a certain mesh moment in the timeline and transfer it to another layer as is modified in the copied layer. Why I want this? For example, if I want to twist an arm under classical (2d) animation setting, I need extra (switch) layers to draw its front view. I mean AM bones work well, say, to make an arc of an arm, but when it comes to twisting the same arm from one side to another (after rotating with bones), you need to copy the meshes you have done so far and begin to modify this independently from the main skeleton.

Do I ask much, if I request to modify your amazing script?

Thanks again...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Not sure... but it sounds like...

I use a technique with switch layers... and with any layer actually...

Copy your mesh to a new layer... or just duplicate the layer.

This layer has key frames yes?

Select or create a key frame at the point you want to "freeze" the action.

Copy the key (for the point movement of course) and paste on frame zero. Delete the key.

You now have a copy of that layer at that frozen point in time.

For switch layers... you can use a switch layer to "blend" two layers and make a new layer at the middle of the transition....

Make a duplicate of one of the switch layers. In the timeline create switch keys between the two switch layers. Now make a key frame anywhere along the timeline between the two layers and paste on frame zero of your copied switch layer.

I have a better explanation somewhere in the tips and techniques area. I use this a lot.

-vern
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

This is a great tip, thank you very much. But unfortuantely it doesn't work with meshes deformed by bones...

Thanks anyway...
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

Based on the idea of Heyvern on the Feature Request forum, a new "Replace Line" tool added to the basic toolset. You can replace the selected points with a freehand mouse stroke.
- - - Fazek
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Hey Fazek,

This is absolutely great! I think, we're at the stage of solving the "frame-by-frame animation" in Anime Studio.

One more idea: Can we add an option to make the selected points immune to bone manipulation. In this way, we can first use bone tool to manipulate the meshes, leave it for a while, use the replace line tool and return again to bone tool, or something like that...

Anyway, thanks again. This is really somethng!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Fazek. this frame by frame script becomes moho to an absolutely different software!
wow. that's great. is what i always dreamed... a combination between moho and tweenmaker.

finally, moho is a all in one software.

thank you very much. wow. efrontier guys must to see your work, this script sure must be on a new tool in the new animestudio version.
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

Suggestion for the edited version of Scale points:

When I want to rotate the object without scaling it, I would press the "alt key", click in the center and then move the mouse.
Actually if I want to rotate it, I would have to click in one corner, the object will rotate, but it will get bigger or smaller.

Thanks.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Fazek wrote:Based on the idea of Heyvern on the Feature Request forum, a new "Replace Line" tool added to the basic toolset. You can replace the selected points with a freehand mouse stroke.
Thank you so much, Fazek!

Excellent script!!

:D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks Fazek. Downloaded and have been playing with it a bit -cool. :)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

elbramtsol wrote:Suggestion for the edited version of Scale points:
When I want to rotate the object without scaling it, I would press the "alt key", click in the center and then move the mouse.
It can do this now.

I've corrected some bugs in the Replace Line tool, so please upgrade it.
- - - Fazek
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

Wow your the best!!!

Thanks!! :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i have just replaced the original tools by all your tools (there is no "other" group in the toolbar now)

fazek, i have been playing with your replace line tool and each time i think it is greater.

i have one suggestion, could this tool show in the options the points groups names as the select tool does?.

that would avoid a lot of clics (i mean, now i name a group of points, then go to the replace line tool, replace this points, then if i want to go to other group of points i must go to the select tool, choose the points name and go back to the replace line tool)

thanks.